Resin Illuminati

Resin Illuminati (https://www.resinilluminati.com/index.php)
-   Figures (https://www.resinilluminati.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Sculpted mid-century hourse statue (https://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=17448)

srspicer 12-09-2020 04:12 PM

Sculpted mid-century hourse statue

5 Attachment(s)
First time posting in this section.
Wanted to get some feedback/opinion on this sculpt. I'm creating this as a Christmas gift for my wife, so don't say anything!! She has been collecting mid-century furniture & items before it became popular and caused pricing to go through the roof. Anyway, she was was watching the program where they purchased the Brady Bunch exterior filming house and moded it to look like the sets on the inside. The big item she wanted was the iconic 2ft. tall horse statue seen in the living room. They found the original in storage and restored it. I tried to find one last year, even a smaller one, but they don't exist, or are different versions and expensive. $$$$
Soooooo, I sculpted one 6" tall, easy-peasy. ( yeah right ) Anyway, the original has all kinds of pitting & porosity on the surface, its part of the design to make it look Ancient Greek-like. I will be painting it the off-white with brown accents as the original. Right now the sculpt is clean.
Should I keep it clean or add all the porostiy? Thanks in advance.

Raytheon 12-10-2020 04:19 AM

Re: Sculpted mid-century hourse statue

Just personally speaking, I for one would try to make it look like it does on the show.
It does seem to have a fair amount of patina/aging etc on it so that would be my take. :)

Bloody outstanding gift idea no matter what you decide to do though :icon_thumright:

srspicer 12-10-2020 04:23 AM

Thanks Ian!

srspicer 12-10-2020 08:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I decided to make it look like the original statue, as I intended. I just needed a little push, so thanks Ian!

777 12-16-2020 01:48 AM

brilliant idea and also think to keep it like the show as much as possible.

Raytheon 12-17-2020 02:53 AM

You're welcome Scott and that's really starting to look the part, carry on sir! :)

srspicer 12-19-2020 06:12 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Thanks All!
I know its not a SciFi subject but the Clubhouse forum has a dedicated sculptor's section, and the whole site is in the process of moving, but I needed some feedback. I will have a build page AFTER Christmas. I used Tamiya paints and Stynylrez paints for the washes. Here is the finished horse;

Raytheon 12-21-2020 03:11 PM

Nailed it Scott. Subtle work that brings out the detail in just the right way, crisply done work sir! :icon_thumright:

srspicer 12-22-2020 08:55 AM

Thanks Ian.!

SCI-FI 12-26-2020 08:55 PM

Agreed with making it look like the one in the show -- if that's the one she adores, copy that one.

Results are bang-on, great work.

-SF

srspicer 12-27-2020 06:55 PM

TY!