Resin Illuminati

Resin Illuminati (https://www.resinilluminati.com/index.php)
-   Resin Illuminati On Facebook (https://www.resinilluminati.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Resin Illuminati's Facebook Page! (https://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=15840)

The Cat 04-09-2014 04:05 PM

Resin Illuminati's Facebook Page!

RI now has a group on Facebook! We're branching out and growing!

This forum isn't going anywhere....we're just assimilating new territory.

Forums and Facebook groups each have their advantages and disadvantages.

Facebook group participation is very easy and convenient, but content can be 'snowed under' and lost, especially given the frequency of format changes.

Forum participation isn't quite as convenient, but content is easily accessed and never disappears. The format is far more linear, and so it is perfect for build threads and discussions.

The plan is to use one to compliment the other. RI the Facebook Group can be used for networking and quick posts, while RI the Forum can be home to the actual build threads that we all enjoy seeing.

This section here on the Forum is for discussion about RI the Facebook Page, and we as always welcome your suggestions and input.

Thank you so much for what you do here, you make this the incredible forum that it is!

Link:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/306251452857998/

Joseph C. Brown 04-09-2014 07:20 PM

Re: Resin Illuminati's Facebook Page!

1 Attachment(s)
Cool. Inspirational pictures of builds and... other things often show up on Facebook:

Lord Darth Beavis 04-09-2014 09:25 PM

Somehow, that picture explains SOOO much about Dave. guffaw

suki5150 04-09-2014 09:32 PM

Great move.

LastBattlestar 04-09-2014 10:03 PM

We have a very troublesome sister in law and I don't do Facebook because of her rants.:( I prefer the relative privacy of the forums, but that's just me.

Mike

lakespeed 04-09-2014 10:24 PM

Hey....even I'm on FB now!

suki5150 04-10-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastBattlestar (Post 272004)
We have a very troublesome sister in law and I don't do Facebook because of her rants.:( I prefer the relative privacy of the forums, but that's just me.

Mike

We have all had our fair share of loons Mike...........:(

Griffworks 04-10-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastBattlestar (Post 272004)

Mike

Great thing about FaceBook is you can block specific people or even just keep their status updates from showing up on your wall/page/thing. I've done that with several folks whose rants I got tired of, as well. I'd wager a few have done the same to me. :)

Raytheon 04-11-2014 07:26 AM

Not on FB meself, nothing to do with anything other than it serves no purpose for me personally.
That said, to have more of this here board out there for FBers to enjoy and supplement RI, why the hell not I say!
:D

The Cat 04-11-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raytheon (Post 272075)
Not on FB meself, nothing to do with anything other than it serves no purpose for me personally.
That said, to have more of this here board out there for FBers to enjoy and supplement RI, why the hell not I say!
:D

I wish you were, people have been asking me questions, and a goodly portion of their answers involve YOU in some way :)

robiwon 04-11-2014 02:24 PM

Just sent my "friend" request....

The Cat 04-11-2014 02:34 PM

.....and I think I just okayed it :)

Raytheon 04-11-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cat (Post 272080)
I wish you were, people have been asking me questions, and a goodly portion of their answers involve YOU in some way :)

It wasn't me, it was like that when I got there and I can produce at least six upstanding citizens to say I was playing poker with them across town when whatever it was happend.

Well that's my usual go to response involving answers to questions about me so feel free to adjust and use as you see fit :D

Failing that i'll fucking sign up guffaw

modelnutz 04-11-2014 02:40 PM

Just signed in...and approved :notworthy:

robiwon 04-11-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cat (Post 272100)
.....and I think I just okayed it :)

Yep, that was I.