Resin Illuminati

Resin Illuminati (https://www.resinilluminati.com/index.php)
-   Anime (https://www.resinilluminati.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   PG GP01-FB (https://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=9565)

jestefarean 03-13-2010 08:45 AM

PG GP01/FB

2 Attachment(s)
Well...this kit is turning out to be a lot more involved then I thought it would be. I started this as a project to do with my 13 year old son...it's a snap model so it shouldnt take long, right?! Well...my first PG Gundam has been like an intro to engineering course. Each section has tons of little pieces (30, for example in one piece of shoulder armor)...so figuring out what to paint, what to seam, and what to leave has been a bit of work. We are now finishing up the first of two sets of armor (second just started) and we have started on detailing and adding to the simple girder diorama that came with it. It's been a fun project so far...and I'd recomend people build one of these, if only to enjoy the intricacies of the construction process.

Ill post some better pics as we go, and show some pics of the diorama process.

777 03-13-2010 04:41 PM

Re: PG GP01/FB

:) How long did your son stick around for? I've done similar things in bringing the kids home something I thought they'd like and I've ended up trying to get the damn thing to work and they've lost interest. Then it becomes an obsession to get the thing done as if to show how fun it was :D

Your end result is excellent! :hail:

DarthDuck 03-13-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 777 (Post 165130)
:) How long did your son stick around for? I've done similar things in bringing the kids home something I thought they'd like and I've ended up trying to get the damn thing to work and they've lost interest. Then it becomes an obsession to get the thing done as if to show how fun it was :D

Your end result is excellent! :hail:

Back when my sons were around that age I bought the "simpler" Gundams and we all had fun with them!:glasses9:

And yes, this one here is way cool!:D

jestefarean 03-14-2010 10:31 AM

He's stuck around for about 50%...(give or take) He likes doing the building...not so much on the detailing and painting, though I got him to help some there. He has built more then his fair share of HG and MG Gundams though, and I think this has finally inspired him to try and paint one of his own. If thats the case, mission accomplished!

jestefarean 03-15-2010 07:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well...I decided I really wanted to build a neat diorama to go with this thing...and I think I needed a break from the armor...so i started working on the piece that will be the back wall, and eventually the floor. The piece of girder structure that comes with the kit will be detailed and will sit on this, and then I'm working on some other pieces to go with it. I'm new to scratch building, but so far I'm having fun and I think it's coming along well enough.

The first shot is me just starting...and working through the process. The last shot I'm working on detailing the window area and started working on the base for the floor.

Next up...finish detailing the door and wall, tile and detail the floor, and then start detailing the gantry.

falcondesigns 04-18-2010 11:38 AM

love Gundam kits.....so much fun in them.

Tiberious 04-18-2010 03:38 PM

And so many little greeblie parts!!

That building is looking pretty good.

jestefarean 05-26-2010 05:01 PM

PG GP01-FB

5 Attachment(s)
Well, it's done as it's going to be (at least for now). With school wrapping up, my son's lost interest, and I could use a break from the beast, so we will put it in a display cabinet as is and call it a day. Looking back, I wish we had decided to go all out with painting, but if we had it wouldn't be 1/2 done yet!

Hope people like...if nothing else we had fun and it looks cool on the shelf.

jestefarean 05-26-2010 05:01 PM

done and done! (at least for now)! :)

http://www.resinilluminati.com/showt...334#post173334

777 05-26-2010 07:04 PM

Re: PG GP01-FB

All out on the painting? Looks pretty awesome to me. What more could you have done? Very nice!

jestefarean 05-27-2010 07:09 AM

Under the armor are a billion and one little details. We talked about really detailing the inside up but chickened out. We also talked about really heavilly weathering the exterior and making it look really used. We went with a newer look instead and i kinda wish it was rustier and more dinged up.

Boxster 06-02-2010 01:13 AM

I nearly bought this kit in HK most recently!

Very nice work on it. Personally, I weather my Gundams!

Nice!

B