Resin Illuminati

Resin Illuminati (https://www.resinilluminati.com/index.php)
-   Real Space (https://www.resinilluminati.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Revell SCA & Shuttle kit (https://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=14233)

Hectors House 12-02-2012 10:29 AM

Revell SCA & Shuttle kit

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there,

It's been a while but I have finally got some building done!
Here's an image of the recently re-issued Revell 1/144th SCA & Shuttle.
Not an easy kit but cheap and -as you can see- builds up into a fine model with a little care.

Will be a full review and build in Sci-Fi & Fantasy Modeller No:29.

Cheers

Hector

mb1k 01-01-2014 05:03 PM

Re: Revell SCA & Shuttle kit

Nice composite!

ego1138 01-01-2014 10:32 PM

Very nice . . . I've just picked one up myself and have started scratch building an interior for it. (all those windows SCREAM for it) :)

Any tips for someone just getting started on this one? :)

kenpiniak 01-02-2014 11:34 AM

5 Attachment(s)
If you are doing the interior of the 747, these might help.
Ken P.

ego1138 01-02-2014 12:13 PM

Oh wow . . . Thank you. I've got a directory full of pictures that I've been using for reference, but I didn't have ANY of those.

That first picture you posted is EXACTLY the last picture I needed to fill in some detail.

Not sure if those are your own pictures or not, but, if they are, do you have any indication of roughly how old they are? Or which SCA its from? Most of my shots are of NASA 905 . . . but there seems to be insulation on the walls that isn't present on more recent shots of 905.

I'm hoping to do mine from the Enterprise ALT era . . . . so just wondering if I need to make things look more like your shots instead.

And lastly, REALLY sorry for the hijack . . . maybe should split this off. Just don't want to detract from the kick ass work on Hector's model.

kenpiniak 01-02-2014 10:51 PM

I do not know what tail number this was. The pictures are from 1998 or 1999, when I was stationed at Moffet Field, in California. The base hosted an airshow, and NASA put this plane on public display, with ramps so that you could go inside. I don not know if they ever let people in it any other time, for me it was a once in a lifetime thing.
Unfortunately, this was long before digital cameras, so I had to be very sparing with my photo taking.
Ken P.

kenpiniak 01-02-2014 11:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found this picture on Wikipedia, thought you might like it.
Ken P.

kenpiniak 01-03-2014 12:10 AM

OK, after looking at some info on the internet, it looks like my photos are of #911.
Ken P.

ego1138 01-03-2014 08:41 AM

LOVE the "black side down" picture.

Well thanks for the info . . . . kinda looked like from the clothing that it was a 90's thing. :)

Thanks for all the info and pictures. VERY helpful. Hopefully my build thread will start soon. :)

Vidar710 05-13-2017 09:09 PM

I'm gearing up to tackle this subject in 1/100 scale. Entex Boeing 747-200 and Tamiya Space Shuttle. Some special add-ons to make all come together.

Tracy

SCI-FI 05-15-2017 06:13 AM

Can't wait to see it.

Also: lol re "Black Side Down"