Resin Illuminati

Resin Illuminati (https://www.resinilluminati.com/index.php)
-   Traditional Artwork (https://www.resinilluminati.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Digital Paintings (https://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=7797)

abledog 09-18-2009 06:37 PM

Digital Paintings

4 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

Being as I've been unable to do anything plastic for way too long, (something I'm going to remedy a.s.a.p.), I thought I'd post some of my artwork here. These are a few paintings I've done in Photoshop.

Hope you like!

777 09-20-2009 02:42 AM

Re: Digital Paintings

Like'em all, but my fav's are the first and last! Wow!!

abledog 09-22-2009 10:27 AM

Thanks! I have a few more I may post if there's interest. :)

Refit1701 09-22-2009 12:13 PM

Those are wicked! I like your style.

So more pics are in order.....

abledog 09-22-2009 06:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys!
Well here are a few pencil sketches.. these were for an un-realized development for a Thundercats animated series. The studio that currently owns the property will occasionally dust it off and then decide to sit on it. This was my brush with the property. They had me design a few vehicles.

I'll post a few more paintings in a few days...

Enjoy!

Refit1701 09-22-2009 06:38 PM

Impressive talent you have. Thundercats!!! Cool!

abledog 09-30-2009 05:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
OK.. One last batch.. 2D doesn't seem to interest many, and I really want to get some physical ships built. :construct:

These are some recent digital paintings done in Photoshop.. (really like this program!) :D

Franz Bolo 09-30-2009 08:15 PM

WoW!! Great stuff!! I have to say I like the sketches way more than the digital.

I think a lot of digital paintings look very similar but the sketches are what makes people stand out. Just my opinion.

Love the sketches!! Post more!!

FB

abledog 10-01-2009 03:34 PM

Thank guys.. I really appreciate it. I got lot's of projects on the back burner.. hopefully I will have something interesting to post soon. :)

abledog 10-06-2009 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
okay.. I recently took a class in concept design, and this was one of the last exercises. We were to grab different elements and make a mock up of a movie poster. The ships are my own design.. some crude models done in Lightwave. The credits on the bottom were taken from a real poster.

JAWS MODELS 10-24-2009 02:36 PM

Wow love your work mate. Outstanding.

abledog 10-26-2009 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Gang,

Here's a new one.. it was another part of my design class. An environmental exercise incorporating some techniques that are being widely used by some of the hot new concept artists. Took much longer to get to than anticipated but I finally found a bit of time to finish it.

Refit1701 10-26-2009 01:26 PM

Great work, man.

When will the resin kit of the ship be available?? :D :D :D

talon 11-01-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abledog (Post 147458)
Hi Gang,

Here's a new one.. it was another part of my design class. An environmental exercise incorporating some techniques that are being widely used by some of the hot new concept artists. Took much longer to get to than anticipated but I finally found a bit of time to finish it.

Its very good, but some of the buildings in the distance bother me a little. The foreground appears to be a night scene, but the buildings in the distance have the coloring of distance effects during the day, which contradicts the appearance of a dusk/early dawn setting in the foreground. If dusk or dawn is the correct setting, then to me, those distant buildings should be black, silhouetting against the sky behind it. If its supposed to be daytime, then the ground should be lighter in appearance, with more color contrast in the texture to bring out the subtleties of varied building materials and also have a much brighter sky.

Please dont take my criticism as an attack. If you're in a design class you should be used to the critique, and having a BFA in Studio Art I'm hoping you'll be open to a proper critique in addition to the many dropped jaws and drooling you'll get from this audience.

Griffworks 11-01-2009 07:44 AM

These are all great. Love the original designs on those ships, especially!

Quote:

Originally Posted by talon (Post 148119)
Its very good, but some of the buildings in the distance bother me a little. The foreground appears to be a night scene, but the buildings in the distance have the coloring of distance effects during the day, which contradicts the appearance of a dusk/early dawn setting in the foreground. If dusk or dawn is the correct setting, then to me, those distant buildings should be black, silhouetting against the sky behind it. If its supposed to be daytime, then the ground should be lighter in appearance, with more color contrast in the texture to bring out the subtleties of varied building materials and also have a much brighter sky.

Please dont take my criticism as an attack. If you're in a design class you should be used to the critique, and having a BFA in Studio Art I'm hoping you'll be open to a proper critique in addition to the many dropped jaws and drooling you'll get from this audience.

Perhaps he's just going for the whole "contrast" thing so that the background buildings stand out better? There's also the whole "artistic license" thing to keep in mind, I'd think.

I'm enjoyin' it for what it is - some fun-lovin' art that gets my imagation runnin'. :D