View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 10:36 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1/537 Scale Wasp Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Thanks so much Warrior! Yeah, this is not a kit, all custom made. This is my favorite starship era (besides TOS) to work in.

I really love exploring the idea of creating other ship designs within this motion picture era. Whether they be frigates, destroyers, light cruisers, battleships, transports or carriers, I want to shed some love into developing the aesthetic. There's got to be more than glueing kit-provided primary hulls and roll bars into different configurations.

From the first 6 films, the only Starfleet ships we've seen besides Enterprise were: Reliant, Grissom, Excelsior, Enterprise B (Excelsior re-dress) and Saratoga (Reliant re-dress). Not a lot to go on. Reliant used basic components from Enterprise and dressed with tons of surface detail. Grissom was strangely dissimilar to anything established before. Excelsior was the E on steroids. So, I feel the playing field is pretty wide open. But at the same time I want to create a fleet as though Andrew Probert was uniformly designing them as he did the Refit Enterprise. Consistent in contouring, detailing, balance and markings while still being original. This is what's exciting about these builds.
Absolutely right. Keep it up!!