View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 03:03 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: JTGraphics 1/537 K'Tinga upgrade parts

Okay, ta hell with it.

Here's the main bulkhead attached. I sanded the front face of the hull and the back of the bulkhead - I want STRENGTH there:

One problem area with the kit is the fit of the torpedo tube area to the inside of the bulb. It's the same with the JT bulb:

I could attach the kit part and screw around with puttying and sanding it, but I don't have that kind of time (or patience). Besides, I think the tube looks a little too big in diameter when compared to the studio model.... so it's time to lay the plastic tubing to it.

Also, I think the hole is a little low, so I reamed it out at the top and made some adjustments:

Reinforced the area with CA and baking soda and trimmed the tubing:

If you look at the way the bridge deck fits on the bulb, you can see a gap at the front:

Sections of the armor plate on the bottom of the bridge part are getting in the way. I traced the outline of the bulb with a pencil:

More soon.