View Single Post
  #1  
Old 06-06-2018, 09:04 AM
Tiberious's Avatar
Tiberious Tiberious is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,098
Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default 1/48 Seafire FR47

So I started another kit...

This is Airfix's Seafire being done as an FR47.

I have a few PE goodies to go along with it, as well as some resin and card stock.






The colored etch may not be exact, but it is real close to most pics of I've seen of the FR47 cockpit.

I actually have two kits, and this pic is the fuselage from the other one. I tried cutting out the top of the cowl for the resin replacement but botched it. I have an engine set for the next one and the old fuse already cut will work for it now. On this one, a little working cleaning up a seam is far less hassle. I will use the resin exhausts though!




I also decided to just cut a hole in the side rather than try to cut a square to size with the clear kit part for that camera. When all is done I'll use Micro Kristal Klear for the glass.

Then per the PE instructions, I sanded out all the interior side detail and laid down the metal. I'll be using a mix of the PE frets.





The pedals came next and then the seat, which is a mix of the PE and kit parts. I also put together PE seat support but it is so fragile and I was concerned about securing it that I wont put it in.





Then I decided that since I'm going to see the floor, I might as well rib it.




For the air hose on the starboard side I got out a bit of guitar string and bent it to shape with some small pliers. Then set it in place with a little scrap PE and CA.




I don't know what this piece is, but I think it goes between the seat and the firewall. However. the gaps that were in it were bending out the plastic rods coming back from the pedals. I copied the shape in plastic and then put the PE over it.





Then I decided to dummy up the bottoms of the walls with more plastic. Took a little trial and error.



The plastic extended too far forward and would interfere with the IP so it was trimmed back and then ribbed.



The same will be done on the port and then I may use some more scrap PE and plastic to busy it up.

So much for now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FLO37cQh.jpg (109.1 KB, 1 views)
__________________
My stuff. Some even completed!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 06-07-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Reply With Quote