View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 04:13 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Revell 1/12th '69 Z-28 Camaro OOB build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEL20102 View Post
So what's the private plate 3RRI754 all about Ian??
A bloke I knew, lived in Lake County, California in the way back when had that plate on his Camaro, though my memory is a tad hazy so might not have got it all correct. That said, I do clearly remember that it had the June/'94 tags on it. Sadly we lost contact with each other in the late 90's so I can't ask him if I got it right. The other thing I remeber quite clearly is that he used to moan a bit that his wife drove it more than he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srspicer View Post
Beautiful job Ian!!
Finding that bleeding under the tape must have made your heart skip a beat, it would have mine! I always say, its not only your experience, but it is how you fix you FU'ps.
Great save on the paint work. I have to say I have recently switched to all Tamiya products, and they have not failed me yet. I had to force myself to clear coat the horse sculpture I recently finished for fear of a run, but the Tamiya clear went on perfectly.
Did you wet sand the orange before applying the white?
That is one reason I don't attempt large scale car models. You have to be spot on with the paint & chrome work or you may as well go home! I love car & truck models, just don't want to screw up the finish.

Once again, well done.
It did Scott but it has prompted me to chuck out all my old masking tape and buy some new stuff
Excellently done with that horse sculpture mate, it's a winner.

Actually it was the other way around. The white when on first, some serious polishing with a 12000 grit pad and water, then came the Novus plastic scratch remover and polish. The orange over the top, decals, dark wash, gloss coats and then the Novus again.
Bit of a job but I like the result.

Yeah, the finish is the make or break for car/truck models and I think I did ok with this one.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 01-03-2021 at 04:13 AM.