View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 07:54 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Revell 1/12th '69 Z-28 Camaro OOB build.

Thanks SF!
You may...

1) Yes, I used a 12000 grit polishing pad which made he matt white almost a gloss, the Novus finished that up just nicely. I gave the body and hood a good clean off with a few drops of washing up liquid, then rinse to get it all squeaky clean. I ran in to no problems with paint adhesion. Both the white and orange were rattle can applied and there was a slight orange peel in a few small places. The polishing after the gloss coats dealt with all of that.

2) It wasn't just the hood stripes, the ones in the trunk lid had a fair bit of paint bleed as well. A combination of gentle scraping with a single edged razor blade, then polishing down with the grit pad almost got it all gone. Some light remasking and spray over on the really bad bits got it done.

3) I used my old Jammy Dog brand tapes but they were old and it wasn't untill after the fact I had a think and realised just how old some of them were. We are talking the better part of a decade with some of them so they all got binned after that peformance. Never had a prob before but like I said, well old so no good and that was my fault there. Time for me to stop cheaping out and get some new stuff .

Nay prob my friend.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?