View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 08:52 PM

Vidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really nice
Default Re: 1/25 Peterbilt "can do" wrecker

I built this kit!

I’m not a wheeled vehicle kind of guy at all, but I’ve wanted to put a truck together ever since I was a pre-teen. Ironically, this model was my first win at Nationals level with IPMS. The decals were a royal pain! The adhesive had ambered and the subject, as you can see is gloss white. I had to strip all adhesive completely, then apply the decals with an Elmer’s Glu-All water solution with a dab of dish soap.

The stripe detail down the sides didn’t match any of the amber light positions, so they had to be chopped to pieces, then reassembled on the model in a new order.

I built mine in the mid-90’s and the White finish and decals are still pristine! A guy wanted to buy it from me, then changed his mind when he found out it was a plastic kit... he thought it was die cast!

If you would like to see it, I can post pics of it after my current trip.

Tracy

Last edited by Vidar710; 12-28-2017 at 09:04 PM.