View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 09:25 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Star Trek TOS 1/6 Action Figures

The removal of hands is pretty much mandatory for these figures. I tried putting a tunic on a plain old Ken (hands not removable!) and damn if the seams in the arms of the tunic didn't start to split.

Heads are best removed, too, even Barbie heads. There is a trick to that though and I'll show you.

Speaking of Barbies, after all the testing I've done with other figure bodies, the articulated Barbies are still my favorites. My only complaint is hand size but I'm working on that. I like the upper bodies to have that pivot point right under the breasts. Unfortunately, unless you buy nudes off ebay, it's hard to determine which dolls you need.

I've made some educated guesses and have a few nice dolls in my collection that don't have all the articulation that I need. Someday I'll come up with something to do with them.

Other body types - some are well made and usable but it is hell trying to find heads that match the bodies' skin tones.