View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 01:39 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Star Trek TOS 1/6 Action Figures

Mod time!

I mentioned earlier that the two biggest problems I have with Barbie female bodies is that their hands and feet are too small. This is necessary because the hands and feet have to fit into clothes, and they can't be (easily) removable for liability reasons.

Feet, I don't care about. They're in boots so they won't be seen. Hands are a different story.

I've figured out an easy way to add actual 1/6 hands onto Barbie arms.

Here's the stock arm/hand:

Grab the forearm and pull smartly straight out on the hand. If the hand separates from the pivot piece, don't worry, just yank that piece out with pliers:

Toss the hands out. You'll need these wrist pegs and hands. I bought an assortment of hands, they're cheap too:

Snap them in:

...and you're good to go! :

The Barbie forearm is slightly smaller in diameter than most 1/6 'action figure' foreams, but that really isn't a problem when the figure's wearing long sleeves like this.

Gonna need more wrist pegs and hands now - all the rest of my female contingent need to be modified!