View Single Post
  #28  
Old 03-10-2013, 12:07 PM
PakRatJR's Avatar
PakRatJR PakRatJR is offline
JAFO
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wherever I am needed
Posts: 1,096
PakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of All
Default Re: 1/25 Peterbilt "can do" wrecker

Well waddaya know....I managed to get a few more things things done on this

I got far enough on things that I was finally able to glue things to the frame.

The interior is done, except for the steering wheel which has gone awol.. It was on the tweezers for paint. I turned my head to grab a brush, when I turned back...it was gone. No idea whee it went




With the finished interior, I was able to get the cab and bunk glued together. Then came the messing with the doors.....

Spent close to a hour getting things set and working correctly.....only to drop the thing ten minutes after getting them glued in place. Broke the passenger door right off. Sadly, with the way they are mounted, I have yet to figure out a fix. So the door will be the removable type for now




On the fun side, I finally got to try out that bare metal foil stuff. Some interesting stuff that is.

The grill, exhaust stacks, fuel tank bands headlight bezels and the trim on top of the hood were covered.

I also had to break the rules a small bit and had to buy some PE. The badges are all decal with most being integrated into the stripe decals.

The PE badges are a bit larger than I would like, but it was all that was available.




I still need to do some adjusting on the hood. Due to the amount of frame flex, the hood won't stay closed when the truck is sitting on the wheels.

Also had some minor issues with the windows. They are slightly too small and slightly the wrong shape. I had to use gap filling CA to get them to stay put.



And finally, I got the wrecker body glued down. That was the really fun bit.

Snug fit on things and no good way to clamp things. A liberal coating of regular glue and a few dabs of CA in key spots and it ain't going anywhere.

The boom and accessories are just temp installed for now.









That's all I got for now. I'm hopeing it will start warming up a bit more sometime soon. I might be able to get some good pictures for ya'lls.
__________________
Ummm....yup, sure...ummm
Reply With Quote