View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 03:02 AM

CanisD is a jewel in the roughCanisD is a jewel in the roughCanisD is a jewel in the roughCanisD is a jewel in the roughCanisD is a jewel in the roughCanisD is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: EDF Intercepor upgrade WIP

I never really saw the english version of Yamato because it aired originally right as I was getting out of school for the day back in '79 and I'd always get home just in time for the closing credits. Everything I've heard though is that the general stories are the same, but the Japanese version is more "adult" with regards to violence and story and the spiritual nature of the Yamato. Overall I think the second season was the best. The first one was shortened due to budget cuts and they take most of the series just leaving our solar system, then the trip to Iscandar & Gamilon is quite quick. The third season was cut as well, and the story is rather disjointed apparently. I have the first two seasons, and the third is in my Netflix queue. The second season with the Comet Empire has the best fleet battles of the series, IMO and the EDF ships look the most interesting of any of the seasons.