View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 11:37 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

While Sentinel is a late TOS-era starship, I have to remind myself to infuse some design detail elements towards a TMP look. I don't want the hull to be completely devoid of interest but at the same time, she needs to look 1960's. With all that in mind and armed with a collection of reference pics, one of these detail areas ripe for cosmetic surgery is the "Space Energy Field Attraction Sensors" or SEFAS.

These grills sit on either side of the navigation deflector mount. Originally, the plans I drew included standard flat TOS style panels. Just for fun, I began sketching some optional ideas on what I could do with this. One of them involves a slightly recessed channel with raised grills combined with a TMP-style rounded sensor embedded in the rear of the inset.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 06:43 AM.