View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 08:52 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Trumpeter 1/35 Hind Mi-24 Gunship

thanks bud. It is a good kit - just BIG!

Small update. The cockpit is almost finished - I'm just waiting on the seat belts to dry and then they'll be attached t the seats and then a few more cables to add before it's done. I'm thinking I may need to build the shroud that covers the gunner's seat as it's quite a prominent feature that's missing. If it works out to be too hard, I may just skip it and hope no one notices

I've also spent some time creating the ribbing in the troop compartment. Trumpeter have left this area really bare for some reason, but it's nothing some strip styrene and some basic measuring can't fix. I'll add the missing cabling to it later today. I've also scribed in some missing lines from the floor plate and added some ribbing to the rear wall

Well, that's it for now. I've been sanding the roof plate where the engines sit to hide the nasty sink and location marks (not really worth photos just yet) and I'll start the inside paint work pretty soon

As always, thanks for looking

MH