View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 01:54 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Some Weekend Shipwrighting Of A Sort...

Trip, one tries to be old bean and yes i've been told i'm bloody trying at times.
Besides, done my time standing over a boiling kettle steaming planks. Easier this way, not as many scalded fingers and way less mutterings of the "Fuck me that's bastard hot!" variety

Boxster, Chris, I thank ya!

Don old friend it's just one way out of several I assure you but nay prob and you're most welcome mate

Well now...
Deck fittings and the like built up. Companion ways, hatch covers, skylight, windlass and winch.

All of these given a first wax stain coat, buffed up a bit and left the hell alone.
Meanwhile the channels and pin rails, sliced from stock, drilled where required, sanded and fitted.

Deck parts glued in to place.

Cat heads made up and fitted.

Wheel and tiller made up and placed, the deck, bulwarks and all bits given a wax stain and a wipe over.

And that's where we stand at this time of keyboard hammering.

A break for a bit, got a date with an empty concrete fish pond that's going to get some kango hammer treatment...then some steps out the front to get rebuilt...then a raised brick flower bed that's got to go away...then a brick wall to put up...then a loft to clear...

You'd think that now i've got a couple of weeks holiday from my day job I would be having a break and doing some fun stuff.
Well to quote my old and sadly long departed Dad "Well you know what thought did son, thought he would but turns out he bleedin' well wasn't going to get the chance to"

Go easy out there all!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?