View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 02:53 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Some Weekend Shipwrighting Of A Sort...

Thanks and you're welcome
That's always been the problem with wooden ship model kits in general with some notable exceptions. Sometimes you feel a course in cryptology would help in deciphering just exactly what the plans are telling you.

Had a glance round the net at the Colin Archer, neat little beastie I have to say.
Speaking of neat little beasties, the next one on the hit list in my very small kit stash is this one...

ARM 82 Dutch fising boat, kit by Mantua. Winds out at a smidgen over 2' long and it's 1/25th scale.
Interesting hull shape and layout to me though I think I won't be building as a stock fishing boat. Got a bit of a conversion in mind and in that scale, I can get figures with the minimum of fuss.

But that's for later, right now though...

More rigging ruminations!
Foremast shrouds in place and sorted.

Main and fore top masts and caps installed.

Foremast backstay, upper and lower topmast stays in place.

Blocks sorted and readied up for the final foremast backstay.

So with a bit of luck all the standing rigging should be done soon. Then on to the ratlines, or footropes if you will, up the shrouds.
Then to the yards and running rigging so getting there

That's the lot for now, go easy now
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?