View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 12:28 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Star Trek Discovery - Engage Fungus drive!

To open, I'm not really a trek fan as such but to throw in my thoughts...

Have to say that up to episode 6 and it's not really doing anything either way for me overall.

There are some decent points in the characterisation and development of the Discovery crew (Burnham, Lorca, Stamets, Tilly etc. ) but that's about it from a cast perspective.

The Klingons, they all sound like they are having trouble speaking most of the time. T'Kuvma sounds like he has a bad cold. It just seems like they are actors speaking the words with little to no feeling in how it's conveyed. Just doesn't sell the richly complex warrior race thing they appear to be trying to get across from my perspective.

Not that impressed with the design for the Discovery, it's mediocre at best to my eyes and brain. I think the final turn off in it's design was the spinning upper and lower primary hull during the crank up and cool down of the spore drive. Looked more like a fuckin' cheap and badly lit fairground ride than a Starship hull.

Have to say that moment got a solid 'oh you have got to be fuckin' kidding me' verbal assessment.

The stories so far, kinda wavers here and there between the line that separates 'mildly enjoyable parts' and 'is anything of any interest at all actually going to happen sometime soon?'

I'll see it through this opening season because like anything else, it deserves a fair shake so that it will be given from me as far as going the full first season.
But that's as far as I go if it doesn't strike an overall chord for me.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 10-24-2017 at 12:30 PM.