Thread: X15-A2
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 11:11 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default X15-A2

48th scale Specil Hobby X15 A 2. not a bad kit, lots of resin parts, fits mostly well together, needed a lil help here n there, instructions lack a tad bit of detail, decals are great.
started on this last night round 2300, quit when my dog came and got me at 0200, and picked it back up again this evening from 1700 till now, with a power outage in between. Im doing the A2 as from a flight in 1966, round November, it will have the tanks on it, orange and red scheme, one of many they used. Im depicting one of MANY ablative compound paint tests they did, thats the discoloured nose, with the full window open...LOTS more paint work to do, and the rest of the decaling. cockpits still unpainted, as Im still researching the paint scheme for that flight, but its an awesome detailed cockpit. there will be an expiriment mounted on the airframe as well, but I dont have that built yet...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2010.JPG (2.72 MB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2011.JPG (2.75 MB, 32 views)
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com