Thread: Christine
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 11:21 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-1 View Post
I got one of these, so I'm watchin'!

Rob.
Finally! Some feedback! I was beginning to wonder. Thanks for that Eagle-1!

Photos from awhile back. I''m worried if I go too slow Chrstine will build herself...

Here's the engine block from some days ago. I'll need to do some cosmetic surgery on the top (it's not glued on yet) to accommodate the dual air cleaners I ordered on Friday:

Lenny is bored and wishes I'd get a move on:

Stills from the movie confirmed no Belvedere lettering on the rear fins (or Fury for that matter) so I sanded them off. I didn't realize this until I'd primed the car body of course:

After spraying with Testors grey primer I masked off the areas that would be painted white-the side trim and the roof:

This included the underside of the roof too:

The car got an airbrushing with Testors gloss black:

Picked up some of this at my local hobby store for the window and side trim:

I've never done foil on a car model so this will be interesting. Got some videos I need to watch about the technique but it looks pretty straightforward I think. Luckily I have plenty of new, sharp #11 blades and both flat and round toothpicks.

I decided to paint most of the chrome parts as the chrome plating on the kit parts is heavy and just doesn't look realistic to me. The only parts I left alone were the chrome hubcaps. Here are the rest of the chrome bits after an overnight soak in Purple Power:

I did some work on the dashboard. In the movie the radio dial, speedometer and other gauges on the dash glow green when Christine is in demon mode. Toward that end I did some drilling and filing of the kit parts to allow for lighting...

Here's the tiny radio faceplate with a slot opened up:

Same thing for the speedometer and other gauges:

Corresponding holes were opened in the dashboard itself:

Transparent green Evergreen styrene sheet was trimmed to fit between the instrument panels and the dashboard plastic:

The back of the dash was covered with adhesive backed aluminum foil to reflect light and block leaks:

A single warm white LED was mounted to a panel of thin styrene sheet which was then glued to the back of the dashboard:

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."

Last edited by Trekriffic; 08-31-2015 at 11:23 AM.