View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 07:25 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Going through Ships of the Star Fleet, I remember being amazed at the variations of "common" ships and subsystems-- different deflector grid patterns, the LN-68(?) warp engines, the SANTH impulse engine, etc.
This design here clearly bridges previous canon designs, as well as something "Shangri-La-ish"...
Watching the design iterations take place in an open forum like this give me confidence that the next time I design, I shouldn't get frustrated if I change things mid-stream.
Best-
One of the things that I enjoy most about designing and building your own fictional ship is the ability to make it look like it belongs in an era using the design guidelines already established - and where there is some latitude for variation. Creating the "what if" in design is a kin to "exploring strange new worlds". You almost never know what you can find if you don't even try look for it. Although there is a frustrating aspect of creating something new yet familiar, there is a harmony that has to strike both yourself as the designer and the subject matter. The very thought of starships excite me so I have to build something that appeals to me. There is a challenge - almost like a Sudoku puzzle for me - that a natural design answer is already there waiting to be solved. Sometimes it's just the journey of problem solving a concept from start to finish that's rewarding. But there's never a time when I stop thinking about a change until it's too late. When that happens, you save that idea for the next new project, worry about making yourself happy first