View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 06:22 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isurus View Post
Stunning work Admiral! It's a real shame you won't be offering this as a kit; I already had a name picked out. 😭 Your attention down to the last detail is absolutely amazing. Personally, I enjoy seeing some different variations in ship design. It really helps to keep things interesting. Some things work, some don't. This one is definitely a looker!

The only brow-raiser I had was the gangway hatch. Being recessed like that, it looks to me to be more like an airlock with a staging platform. From an artistic standpoint it looks great! I was just unsure from an engineering standpoint if the gangway could actually clear the hull (height wise) and fit into there. Just my observation and no disrespect intended.

Anyways, she's a fine ship and obviously has a loving master. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

Daniel
Thanks Daniel!

In regards to the main gangway, I did cut the hole into the port side exactly the height and width of the PE part so there is no overhang from the hull to block the hatch. I did want to orient the gangway perpendicular to the deck and not curved and angled 60 to the exterior slant of the outer hull and the only way to do that neatly was to recess it. I look at the gangway access (in port or at a star base) as I do seeing modern aircraft at an airport - with large covered bridges that would envelop the area around a hatch. The jet bridge to a aircraft is not the exact height and width of the cabin door - it's much larger and designed to accommodate a variety of aircraft. I see the same situation with spacecraft. A larger, flexible system with maybe magnetic seals to keep it airtight. This docking connections would possibly wrap around the perimeter of the hull surrounding the docking hatch rather than to the doorframe.