View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 08:39 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: A Sow's Ear- WIP

^ 1/720th? What, and be as crazy as you on that Russian carrier? HellNo!

Which brings me back to Wombat's question- in 1/350th there's still enough plastic in question to airbrush and even mask between the colors and that's what i plan to do. There's a distinctive edge on the extended ailerons painted red and in this case that area is brass. Where I might normally mask it and airbrush it I think I'll look at using red decal trim cut to shape because I wouldn't want my paint lifting with the masking off of the brass. The rest is just two tone white and grey then decals.

Since I normally work with WWII warbirds let me throw this question out. During the 70s and early 80s when that "high visibility scheme' was still in effect-
What shade of grey was used? Maybe light gull grey, dark gull over white undersides?