View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 12:10 PM
No longer active

AdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
w00t!
Updates again- it's a late Christmas present!

How much do you deviate from your concept sketch to the practical model? And what drives the changes? (I'm assuming the answer is "How much of a pain the butt this next scribing would be...")
Best-
Merry New Year!

On deviation, I'm assuming you're referring to the whole model and not just the scribing pattern. It really depends on how well thought-out my original plans were prepared and the speed I need to make it happen. In this case, I had spent some long hours in developing the Sentinel on paper to where I was satisfied with most of the aspects. Of course, being both designer and builder, I've got free reign to change things as I go to improve areas I wasn't 100% happy with. It really is a challenge to re-create something in three dimensions to conform to something you designed in only two. But deviation can be fun. New details brought about by spontaneity bring a fresh perspective to plan already "set in stone".

In terms of the scribe pattern, I did stay pretty close to the plans but added a few new things for added detail. The rings around the docking ports and where they tie into a horizontal Deck-level panel line echo forward to a TMP look.