View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 10:13 AM

Hectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Another Star Wars Mega Build on the way

UPDATE!!!!!!

Finally my thumb is better and I can get on with this build.
Well I realised while I was trying to get the most done with the end of my sliced thumb taped up. That I hadn't put the mounting points on the model. Luckily everything was only tacked into place so I was able to tear the model apart and start again.
So...
I have added the top and bottom mounts (16mm connectors), and built up the front end where I will have to sculpt the nose section, but have left room for the balconies that are called out in the sketch (remembering I am using Joe Johnson's art only - NOT Star Wars Armada's MC30 miniature).

Tomorrow I will start on the underside and layering up the filler into the top and bottom nose area's.
I will also work up the tail area and plan out the engine arrangement.

I've been sourcing kits for detail and now have a really good selection to work from. From the sketch its obvious that Joe had meant this miniature to work in with the Rebel Transport miniature as seen in Empire as the sketch follows similar style points.
This must of been one of the first rebel cruiser designs done; before Lucas created the Mon Calamari with their 'Pickle Ships'.
I'm going to go for detail as a cross between, the Pickle Ships, Medical Frigate, Rebel Transport and Executor (the model is in scale with the Executor miniature and will be displayed with AMT/Ertls 15" Star Destroyer which; I have to save from the scrap pile!).

That will then be it until after Xmas. I then have 8 weeks to get it complete - :l mao:.
Can't see that happening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 1.jpg (298.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg image 2.jpg (237.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg image 3.jpg (248.2 KB, 30 views)