View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 08:36 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Revell Movin' Out 'Big Rig' Style Chevy Van

I'll do me best my sheep frightening friend!

Now then, not an update as such but a question or two as such for you merry mob.
Been having a bit of a photo-etch test-playabout with a couple of lumps of scrap metal sheet in the hellhole this day and here's what came of that nonsense.

Done in 5 thou" brass:

And 5 thou" steel:

So then to the questions at hand and after a bit of a quick and dirty mock up...

All brass:

All steel:

Steel on brass:

Brass on steel:

The back plates are about 1 & 1/4" square, the reels are about 7/16th" diameter.

So...
Question 1) Are they any good/waddya reckon?
Question 2) Which looks better?

Personally i'm leaning toward the steel on brass to go with the rest of the wood/brown/beige interior colour scheme but just thought i'd chuck this one out there to you lot and get ya thoughts.

For the realism side I know it should probably be steel with the bottom of the tape deck below the reels black or something but anyways that's the larking about so far.

On top of this and just to mention, there will be a faux-tape material in the reels and a thin strip of like colour material in the (yet to be built) head unit between the reels, each end tapered in width slightly so it doesn't catch the reels as they turn but looks the part.

The amplifier/radio/whatchamacallit unit at the top will have a backlit decal thing and likewise for the two meter like things at the bottom left.

Go easy out there gang!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 05-13-2012 at 08:38 AM.