View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 01:46 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Some Weekend Shipwrighting Of A Sort...

Jim, Bellerophon, I thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellerophon View Post
*snip* mhh Nelson`s Vic
Aye and believe me i'm still a bit annoyed when I think about it that I had to sell off the Caldercraft 1/72nd kit if the Victory a year or two back

I was seriously looking forward to getting that lass built but them's the breaks. Same as the plans going astray for the Savannah.
She was a 44 gun American frigate launched 1842.
Got as far as the outer planking on the hull and making up the main mast parts and the plans just vanished from the stash. I still know not how and i've never been able to get another set (originally bought on weevilbay) of plans since that lot in about 2002.

Been looking about with no joy but again, them's the breaks.
Ended up just breaking up the hull and that was that.
Was building her in 1/4" to 1' scale or 1/48th as it's better known.

But there ya have it, shit happens

Still, I can console myself to a degree. Got an excellent set of plans for the HMS Enterprize, yes that's the correct spelling for the ship, 28 gun English frigate launched August 1775.
One day...one day...
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?