View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 06:58 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Makes me want to board ship right now!
Permission granted! Watch your step, turbo lifts are not yet installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Gorgeous work. The detailed photos make the impossible seem... attainable? Even for a n00b.

How do you ensure each drilled hole stays level within the model? (Does not go askew, in other words.) Seems like this would require a rig, or similar.

2) From airlock/port placements, I infer you've made deck plans. Am I right?

Best-
The level was simply eyeballed and having extra tubing extending from the hole made it easier to gauge squareness. I also penciled depth indicators on the outside of the tube to make sure they recessed consistent to each other.

I have not done any detailed deck plans yet. But based on the placement of ports on the profile drawings and knowing roughly where the hangar deck sits I made some executive decisions. The top docking port was moved forward from its original position as it would be sitting directly above the impulse flush vent. I also added the secondary (lower) port midships as it looked naked there. Plus, it gives additional crew access to the secondary while the top port direct access to the primary and B/C decks.

I've updated the color profile to reflect the new docking port positions and thruster:

I had started work on a deck profile plan - as a Master System Display for the 1/6 scale bridge. I did not get very far as you can see here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
Didn't even think of maneuvering thrusters! Awesome work.
She should probably have more but we don't want to overdo it. TOS design did not include it but by TMP, they were everywhere.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 09:34 AM.