View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 08:17 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Switching to acrylics - HEEEEELP!!!!

At least once a month I read a build thread about Future gone wrong. Matter-o-fact, the SR-71 build on SSM that's going on right now----a beautiful build with an amazing paint job (that's not black ) . Guess what happened after the Future was applied and a setting solution was used to help with decaling...

What usually happens----staining, fogging, yada yada yada

Then the usual input begins----you need to let it cure longer, don't use this setting solution, use this one, you need to spray it on at 12psi, you need to spray it at 18psi. If your Future is over 57 days old, it's no good---throw it out. You have to wait until the relative humidity is 46.27%.......

It's my own personal entertainment....

I didn't use a drop of Future on my X15----I used MM Acryl Gloss. Waited about 36 hours and decaled the thing. Lotsa Micro-Sol on the upper aft Air Force decals ----nary a problem.

One thing Future works good for (for me)---I recently needed to apply a really shiny finish to a large figurine. I used a 4/0 brush and applied 6 coats over 3 days. Lots of nooks and crannies. Came out beautiful.

Course, it won't be getting decaled either.

Again---just my own observations.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!