Thread: Sheet Styrene
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Pissin 'em off since :1999

Eagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Sheet Styrene

I can answer that BG,

Yes.

Evergreen styrene IS HIPS and so is practically every other kind we always use.

High Impact Poly Styrene is what some call it and is probably it's proper name.

I will also agree with Mike that you can generally buy styrene from a local sign maker cheaper than you can usually order it through ANY online company. We've all seen this mentioned on forums before.

I have two points to bring up here though...

I have to order styrene because I DON'T have a sign shop local to me and there are no hobby shops anywhere near me either, so I have to rely on the internet for the past few years.

AND...

Just like the title for this new section states, this section is intended to list links to sites that someone has personal experience with, good OR bad, to let people know what kind of experience they had with a particular ONLINE company AND to have links we all look for all the time in one place, handy, so you don't have to search. These shouldn't be links to places someone hasn't used, HOWEVER, it doesn't have to be links to places that you have had great service with either. Personally, the links I've listed so far ARE places that I have had good service with, but in the case of the links I've just posted, there are TONS of places that sell styrene. The link I provided I just used for the first time.

I ordered 12 sheets of 12" X 24" X .040" styrene and with shipping, it came to $44.44 total. The 12 sheets of styrene were $29.88 with a -10% discount of $2.99. The FedEx shipping came to $17.55.

The second link I posted IS A SIGN SHOP SUPPLIER and they list a 4' X 8' sheet of .040" of HIPS styrene for $24.25 with $12.50 shipping through UPS. That's no typo. It says it's a 4 foot by 8 foot sheet! It ships rolled up in a cardboard tube. If that turns out to be a good link, that's the best price I've found ONLINE and I will be trying them next time. I found those folks AFTER I had placed my order through estreetplastics.

ANY LINKS I LIST ARE ONLY SUGGESTIONS to some of the best places I've found AND USED.

Rob.