View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 07:26 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: X-15A-2 WIP....Yeah I know...

On to the fuselage...

At 19" long, Special Hobby quartered it into forward upper/lower, and aft upper/lower sections. In other builds I had read that the guys were building fore/aft upper sections, then the fore/aft lower sections, and gluing upper/lower halves together. In every case the builder reported an issue with matching upper/lower panel lines.

Therefore, I did the opposite---glued aft upper/lower together while matching panel lines, and then after the cockpit was installed I glued forward upper lower together matching panel lines. That way the only mating line I needed to worry about was where front and rear halves met.

Also---if you sand out the inside of the mating surface of the forward fuselage and check fit often, you can glue front and rear together without any sanding or seam filling whatsoever....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fusseam1web.jpg (410.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg fusseam2web.jpg (397.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg fusseam3web.jpg (427.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg fusseam4web.jpg (370.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg seamdoneweb.jpg (347.8 KB, 44 views)

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!