View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 05:25 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/350th A6E Intruder, Finished

Well, I came across a model of a plane that I once had a kit of but lost during a move. So eager to get a chance to finally build one when combined with an amazing price of $1.25 brand new in sealed box caused me to leap into the unknown. Upon inspection I found a Chinese made injection molded kit that rivals the oldest Airfix or Matchbox offerings for lack of details and a poor resin kit for thickness of pieces? But undaunted I located a PE upgrade kit that would replce the nonexistant cockpit, extended flaps, wingtip amd fuselage airbrakes along with more to scale landing gear doors and such. Even the PE frets are kinda sparse but they're certainly more than the kit offered? A really sad starting point for detail freaks but the basic contours are still identifiable as an A6-E Intruder so I'm gonna see what can be made of it. So follow along in an act of futility if you so choose?

Shots of everything in the kit except the landing gear and canopy! Alongside are the PE frets with the cockpit tub already bent up and prepainted. The kit had NO cockpit details so even ejector seats will need to be scratched but the PE provides the framing for them.

A shot showing how much of the nearly "solid" inner body had to be removed to make way for the tub.

Don't worry about my other WIPs, this is just a minor diversion and I don't plan to spend too long on it. The addition of the PE and paint is about all this kit "deserves"!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_0005.jpg (1.15 MB, 25 views)

Last edited by DarthDuck; 08-23-2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: title