View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 07:15 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
I always thought they were docking/reloading/hatch reticles-- visual indicators to a repair or reload crew at a starbase, planning on a quick reload. Ship comes in, stevedores watch the colored square or circle move into place, activate clamps, then load/offload things through hatches on the hull which are known (geometrically) to be in perfect position with corresponding hatches and gangways on the starbase.
Imagine a tour on a starbase, with a ship freshly docked: "That circular marking indicates a hatch through which we offload 25 empty deuterium tanks in 6 minutes flat, and reload full tanks just as quick. And now, over on the left, you'll see the gift shop..."

Me? I'd TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY have markings like that on the base of my model. Same, or at least similar -- even if TMP didn't have them, this ship clearly evokes TOS, and the graphics would underscore that...
I agree! Something will be done. Gift Shop hatches are Priority Number One aboard the Savoy Express.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Ooo, it's like a game of "I Spy" for Trek modeling nerds. I'm in:

1) The paper admiral Macready makes his return.
2) gorgeous boudoir ladies overseeing the project?
3) "3mm orange..." resistors? By the bagful?
4) Errant shuttle parked near a disembodied shuttle bay, and deflector...
5) Abandoned lower-saucer attempt? (Far left side of photo)
6) Mego/Barbie scale "Admiral Buck" action figure in the command chair...
7) Vinyl stencils FTW! (A technique I am hoping to try someday...)
8) A packet of Photoetch
9) a hidden 1/1000 Eagle- dangit, Hood, behind the paper Admiral...
10) A ball of twine for the Admiral's cat...?

Awesome work. I even love the saucer hatches...

1. He's ever vigilant.
2. Courtesy of The Cat
3. 3mm orange LEDs + resistors. There are dozens of bags of 5mm, 3mm, 2mm, round top and light house style LEDs in white, red, green, orange, blue and yellow in a box to the left (not seen).
4. Yes!
5. Not abandoned. That is THE lower dome section still under construction - window ports. Still.
6. Sentinel Chief Security Officer
7. (2) copies of vinyl stencils!
8. Paragrafix PE 350 Refit
9. That's the 350 Archer class USS Tomahawk showing her warp drives.
10. Ball of ancient twine!