Thread: SS Botany Bay
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 06:53 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: SS Botany Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by srspicer View Post
Looks fantastic!!

Q= Are you going to add padding around the antennae? They could be damaged due to vibrations during shipping. I also recommend not shipping it on its stand, that could do damage as well. Just my 2. I've done a lot of shipping of this type of model. You know, the kind of model that you worked countless hours on and don't want the shippers to destroy?
The stern section is braced with foam blocks top and bottom and the model is wrapped inside a plastic bag so no foam directly contacts the model. The wooden box is being shipped inside a larger cardboard box filled with air bladders, bubble wrap, and styrofoam peanuts. The "solar" panels are very sturdy and are glued into the resin struts with JB Weld. I do not think there will be much vibration with all the padding between the model and box and between the box and the outer box. It's only going from the Bay Area to So Cal after all.

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."

Last edited by Trekriffic; 11-29-2013 at 06:54 PM.