Resin Illuminati
 
Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 11-28-2017, 06:00 PM
Tiberious's Avatar
Tiberious Tiberious is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 938
Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1/72 Matchbox Lancaster

Just trying to 'busy' up the old girl.

To that end, I opened up the hole for the navigator's dome. I don't have a pic of that, because I split the fuselage seam while doing it... But here's its placement.



I then moved back to the wings. There should be a pair of lights under the port wing. I should have done them while the wings were apart, but I only decided to do this after the fact. And if I did it again, I'd use acrylic rod, but I used sections of clear sprue for this, measuring it and making the correct sized holes in the plastic.

I sanded both ends of them and then slipped them into the wing.





They're a little rough, and look better with a bit of distance.

Then it was onto the wing tip lights. I used plexi for this, as it is thick enough for just about any wing in 1/48 and does not fog with super glue. I cut four pieces to shape, drilled holes for bulbs, then glued and sanded them flush.






Then I did the escape hatches on top, drilling two holes and then covering them with clear plastic. I'll mask the windows for painting.



And then, to the flap area of the wings. I boxed them in.



While those were drying, I then pulled the nacelle halves off the sprue, to start cutting and panel-lining and removing the molded exhaust covers and inlets.





That's all for now!
__________________
My stuff. Some even completed!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-02-2017, 06:00 PM
Tiberious's Avatar
Tiberious Tiberious is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 938
Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1/72 Matchbox Lancaster

I cleaned the nacelles of their lumps and pumps, and after adding panel lines the raised lines were sanded off.



Then I moved to the front of the nacelles. As they are, they are far from accurate.



I cut into them with a dremel, then used a hobby knife and sanding sticks to refine the shape. All four are pretty close to this right now, and still need a little more cleaning.



To keep the props off until after the build, I'm leaving out Part 48. Part 49 will be glued directly to the nacelle as instructed, and the prop shaft will be able to slide in and out with ease.





Now, I need to build the radiator details for inside the inlets - and finally get to those flaps...
__________________
My stuff. Some even completed!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:29 PM.

Developed by ForumThemes.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.