Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 10-04-2012, 06:49 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/48 B-17F "Bad Penny"

BTW Dave---if you're looking for "realistic" color for the tires try Tamiya XF-69 NATO black (bottle) or TS-63 in the spray bomb.

It's not black. But it's not grey either. Or Charcoal....or....

GREAT color for tires. Apply, then lightly weather a contrasty color to bring out highlights.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:36 AM
Dweeb in residence

rpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant future

Might I recommend the TS-82 rubber black spray bomb? It's also not black, or grey, or charcoal...
Old 10-05-2012, 07:41 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpauly View Post
Might I recommend the TS-82 rubber black spray bomb? It's also not black, or grey, or charcoal...
Or TS-82.

Like Bob said---I've got 'em both and I'd swear they're the same...

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 10-05-2012, 08:13 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

I'm heading to the LHS this weekend. Many thanks, guys. Hell, I might use both - some variety!

As far as the metal gear goes, I did a review here.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:00 AM
My ass is itchy...

Either of those colors are good investments----it's gotten to the point where if something is supposed to be black (gun barrels, instrument panels etc) I don't use black anymore. Just looks more real and has more depth to me.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
BTW Dave---if you're looking for "realistic" color for the tires try Tamiya XF-69 NATO black (bottle) or TS-63 in the spray bomb.

It's not black. But it's not grey either. Or Charcoal....or....

GREAT color for tires. Apply, then lightly weather a contrasty color to bring out highlights.
Same color i use for all my 1/72 Tank transporter tires and tank roadwheel rubber. In a pinch i will also use Polly S rail color "Tarnished Black" These colors are also good for DEICING BOOTS!

Last edited by HWR MKII; 10-05-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:03 AM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWR MKII View Post
Same color i use for all my 1/72 Tank transporter tires and tank roadwheel rubber. In a pinch i will also use Polly S rail color "Tarnished Black" These colors are also good for DEICING BOOTS!
Exactly----first time I used it was on the roadwheel rubber too!

Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Getting ready to do some more pinwashing:

Better pics of her:

Old 10-10-2012, 07:41 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Brake line time!

Using this pic as a guide, I did this:

Note the metal scissors on the one strut. I'm not so happy with it - if you compare it to the real gear, it seems to stick out too far. I think I'll put the original back on.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Hey, looking good so far Dave. Say, is one of those engines running a tad rich?

Mike
Old 10-12-2012, 06:51 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
Hey, looking good so far Dave. Say, is one of those engines running a tad rich?

Mike
LOL Mike!

Number 4 had a bad day over Kassel a while back.

I'd mulled over what I was going to do about trying to simulate repaied battle damage. Well - Number 4 gave me a ton of trouble when I was putting it together. Broke a few pushrods. Had a bitch of a time with one of the cowl flaps. When I first attached it to the 'firewall', I got it off-center, had to break it loose, and reattach it. Accidentally drilled the hole for the prop shaft bushing off-center and had to redo THAT too. So - it was easy to decide which engine was going to be the troublemaker!

I did the oil blowback with, well, oils. Thinned black oil paint dragged back on the top and bottom of the wing, and the right horizontal stabilizer got a taste of it too. Looked okay - then after a couple days I started doing pinwashes to try and discolor the OD a little. THAT worked okay too - but it started wearing some of the 'oil' streaking off.

Maybe I'll touch it up a little later.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Pinwashes completed, model dullcoated, gear painted and installed, top turret almost done.

*note - on the left side under the cockpit, there's a bit of oil that looks like a major coffee stain. My camera is wierd - that's almost invisible to the eye but my camera makes it look MUCH worse than it is.

Nose cone needs to be finished - all that's left is bracing for the .50 cal. Norden needs finishing, after that the nose will be sealed up. After that, pastels, and then the rest of the MGs and Penny will be FINISHED.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:35 AM
BOING BOING BOING

allthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond repute

Damn...She's a beaut. You just raised the bar on me. You bringing her to Nats? You can leave her at my house hehehe.
By the way, I like the 'coffee stain'.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Dweeb in residence

rpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant futurerpauly has a brilliant future

lookin' sharp! I'm liking those tires! Wish Sprue Bros would hurry up and restock...
Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 AM
My ass is itchy...

FLAT COAT!

Looks great Dave!

And I know what you mean about that "coffee stain" ----every pic I've taken of my Semovente shows the rust amplified times 1000. Just horrid. Yet in person it's very subtle.