Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 10-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Griffworks

Default VA Mini's Warlock-class Klingon in 1/2500 Scale

I thought I'd share this build. It's my Buildup Review of the VA Miniatures Warlock-class Klingon battlecruiser in 1/2500 scale. Not my best work, but it was a Review Sample that I'd been somewhat tardy in sending in for almost a month when our Digicam was misplaced - then we moved and it was further misplaced....

Anyhow, finally got it in the day before I left and John got it posted a couple days back, I just found out two days ago.

The design is original by Victor of VA Miniatures and one I've grown to like after initially finding it just sorta "Meh". I've even modified one and will post pics at some point in the not-too-distant future. Just gotta upload the stuff saved to my Thumb Drive to some of my FTP Space at Hobby Talk.

Constructive comments and criticisms welcome.

EDITED: To Fix Title Error
Old 10-15-2007, 05:42 PM

abs1124 New face in the crowd
Default Re: VA Mini's ]Warlock[/i]-class Klingon in 1/2500 Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffworks
I thought I'd share this build. It's my Buildup Review of the VA Miniatures Warlock-class Klingon battlecruiser in 1/2500 scale. Not my best work, but it was a Review Sample that I'd been somewhat tardy in sending in for almost a month when our Digicam was misplaced - then we moved and it was further misplaced....

Anyhow, finally got it in the day before I left and John got it posted a couple days back, I just found out two days ago.

The design is original by Victor of VA Miniatures and one I've grown to like after initially finding it just sorta "Meh". I've even modified one and will post pics at some point in the not-too-distant future. Just gotta upload the stuff saved to my Thumb Drive to some of my FTP Space at Hobby Talk.

Constructive comments and criticisms welcome.
I just love those Klingon cruisers... I would like to start a collection of all the different vairants. I have some of the AMT versions (TOS, K'tinga, and the one from TNG).
Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Griffworks

Yeah, the Klingons are my favorite non-Fed race, too. There aren't enough different ships in their fleets, tho, so I've taken to kitbashing some of them.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:19 PM

abs1124 New face in the crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffworks
Yeah, the Klingons are my favorite non-Fed race, too. There aren't enough different ships in their fleets, tho, so I've taken to kitbashing some of them.
Hi Jeffrey... my favorites are the Romulans, and Andorians, but the Klingon cruiser is so iconic. I remember watching ST as a kid, and marveling at the Klingon cruiser closing in on the Enterprise. I also fondly recall the episode "Balance of Terror" and the marvelous Romulan Bird of Prey (which is why I chose it as my fist project).