Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 03-20-2017, 04:14 PM
Large Member

DonS is just really niceDonS is just really niceDonS is just really niceDonS is just really niceDonS is just really niceDonS is just really niceDonS is just really niceDonS is just really niceDonS is just really nice
Default Large Enterprise 1701-D?

I've been considering producing a large Enterprise D kit and my CAD model has progressed to the point where I could send out a piece of the saucer to a print service as a feasibilty study. I wasn't sure that the upper and lower saucer halves, large pieces, could be printed in satisfactory detail. Large printers often don't produce the results demanding modelers expect in printing small details. The saucer portion I had printed contained windows, lifeboats and a section of phaser strip, along with engraved lines. All these details were made at various depths/thicknesses so I could see what worked and what didn't. The results were better than expected and I'm confident a 19" inch wide saucer can be printed as a single part in beautiful detail to serve as a master for a 1/1000 scale kit. Within a week or so, I plan to put up a survey on my website to gauge interest in such a kit. This kit will not be cheap...anyone who knows about such things can imagine how much it will cost to print the master pattern, a high-resolution model of a 25x19x7 (estimate) ship.

I'll post a pic of the test piece here later this week. It's printed in white and won't photograph well...I'll need to shoot some primer on it.

Comments welcome!

Visit My Gallery: www.eclectric-fx.com
Old 03-20-2017, 10:13 PM

Tailgunner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Large Enterprise 1701-D?

Count me interested!!
Old 03-23-2017, 07:47 AM
Large Member

DonS is just really niceDonS is just really niceDonS is just really niceDonS is just really niceDonS is just really niceDonS is just really niceDonS is just really niceDonS is just really niceDonS is just really nice
Default Re: Large Enterprise 1701-D?

Ok, I've put up a poll page on my site to gauge interest in a large Enterprise D model. Only 5 questions. Thanks to anyone who votes!

Large 1701-D survey

Visit My Gallery: www.eclectric-fx.com

Last edited by DonS; 03-23-2017 at 07:58 AM.