Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Miscellaneous Models

Miscellaneous Models All other types of model

Old 05-26-2014, 01:52 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God
Default Speed Racer Mach 5

Had the kit for about 15 years and finally decided to build it! This is my 1/25 scale Polar Lights Mach 5...

Mach 5 by trekriffic, on Flickr

Saws!

Automatic Jacks!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7105.JPG (176.1 KB, 2 views)

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."

Last edited by Trekriffic; 05-26-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:53 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Speed Racer Mach 5

Go Speed Racer! Go!

Homing Robot!

You can see all the images in my Flickr! album here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/296074...7644325573286/

Old 05-27-2014, 05:24 AM
Enhanced Member

mar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of All

Very clean build on that. Is that the regular kit or the snap kit? I have both and don't think I've taken the plastic off either yet.

When I want an opinion from you, I'll read it in your entrails.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:50 AM
One-trek Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar10 View Post
Very clean build on that. Is that the regular kit or the snap kit? I have both and don't think I've taken the plastic off either yet.
It's the glue kit Jim. Thanks for the compliment!

Old 05-30-2014, 06:04 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Hey, like mar10 said, she turned out nice!
There is a lot of extra options to that kit. I was a bit disappointed with the lac of detail on the bottom, especially since they included the jumping legs. Looks like you went to a lot of trouble for 'figure' display!!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:30 AM
One-trek Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by srspicer View Post
Hey, like mar10 said, she turned out nice!
There is a lot of extra options to that kit. I was a bit disappointed with the lac of detail on the bottom, especially since they included the jumping legs. Looks like you went to a lot of trouble for 'figure' display!!
Thanks! Yeah, since the kit didn't include figures I had to make one of my own. My Speed "standee" turned out pretty good I think.
As regards the underside, yeah, it's pretty basic. Something worth mentioning... the kit didn't come with screws but there were posts in the upper body front and back with holes in them that were perfect for screw insertion and the chassis itself had recessed holes that lined up with them. Other than dobbing some glue on the locator pins front and rear, I didn't need to use much glue at all to attach the chasssis to the body using the screws.

Last edited by Trekriffic; 05-30-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:20 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Cool! Where did you find the checkered background material? It compliments your model perfectly.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:46 AM

Del is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the rough

Nice build, and I like the display. All I have room for is shelf space, not display space, so I enjoy seeing folks come up with great ideas.

My kit has screws in a small baggie with the clear parts and stickers. Yours must have missed the box. My concern with the kit is that it just looks like it's too narrow. When I watch an episode it looks like the Mach 5 has a wider stance. I was thinking that I might replace the saw blades with some hobby saw blades if I can find them in that diameter. I have some nice large tooth Dremel blades, but they're a little large.

And, what Admiral Buck asked - where'd you get the background?