Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 09-18-2019, 10:00 AM

NemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud of
Default Re: My 1/8 Scale BTTF Delorean (WIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 137th Gebirg View Post
Yeah I had to use a dab of superglue on mine to keep that little metallic retainer tab stable. There probably could have been a better way for them to do that, but considering how masterfully engineered the rest of this model is, I’ll give that little thing a pass.

Has anyone thought to test the wiring now that most of it is plugged in? I’m almost afraid too, for fear that I may need to take stuff apart to re-seat some errant connections. I guess I’d better do it soon before the rest of the skin goes on.
That was my thought for the "FIX" as well. I might have to slightly squeeze the tube to help hold the door up. It is quite heavy and the spring lock tabs don't appear to work as they were intended to. We'll see.

I am very tempted to try out the electronics at this point, but there is no instruction to do so at this point, so maybe I'll hold off. I am also waiting for some upgrades to come so that might change things as well.
Mark

Last edited by NemVia; 09-18-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:43 PM
A Poor Widow's Son

137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold

Upgrades? I’m intrigued... are you at liberty to tell?
Old 09-19-2019, 09:49 AM

NemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Upgrades? Iím intrigued... are you at liberty to tell?
Yes, there are some upgrades that can be added through Modelmodz
https://modelmodz.com/Delorean-1-8-Scale-Mods-c32314213
I've ordered the power supply, the flux capacitor, the Xmastree, and the floormats so far. There are a few more I'd like to get, but some are out of stock. My recommendation to anyone getting these is to order them early on when starting this kit. There is a 20 week wait for orders made due to the custom building of each of these upgrades. For me it was 27.5 week wait. I almost cancelled the order, but they did arrive yesterday 9/18. They are very expensive and for those who order on line do not use paypal. Modelmodz deals in GBP only and paypal does not convert USD into GBP. I found that out the hard way, so be cautious when ordering. The quality of the work is top notch and I can't wait to add these to the build. I will be posting pics of these on my next update.
Thanks for your comment.
Mark
Old 10-16-2019, 03:09 PM

OCTOBER UPDATES - 2019

Okay, back to work again, with a bit of disappointment included with this group of issued. Although I was forewarned that this was going to happen, it still is a bit irksome. Eaglemoss sent me a message a few days after I posted the September supplemental update saying that their suppliers had run out of one or more of the next upcoming issues. I wasn't totally sure what to expect, but I was under the impression that I wouldn't receive anything from them for a month or two, but the following week I saw that I was billed for my next 4 Issues. I didn't look too closely at the issue numbers on the billing invoice, but I thought that the issue with the out of stock issues was remedied. I received my box and opened it up as usual to photograph the Assembly instruction booklets and I saw that I received Issues 71, 72, 73, and 78. A little distraught I re-checked the email invoice and it matched what I received. A little bummed about what I got, I proceeded with the assembly up to 73. I can't do anything with issue 78 until I receive Issue 75, 76, and 77, so 78 will have to be put aside until Eaglemoss catches up with their distributers. I think I would rather have waited for the proper issues came in the correct order, but here we are. So, what I was able to do this month was assemble just the door parts and the door for the passenger side, but Issue 74 didn't come which contains the hinge assembly parts to connect the door to the car frame, so I will not post an overall progress pic for this update. However, since I received some of the MODs that I wanted I was able to add those into the car for this update. The MODs include the car floor mats, a new Xmas tree component and a more detailed version of the Flux Capacitor. Both of these contain much better lighting effects that are closer to the screen version of the car. Hopefully by the next Issue cycle, everything will be caught up and I can give you a better progress update. But, I do have 26 new pics added to the 1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean page, so check them out and let me know what you think! More to come, keep checking for the November Updates
Mark
The top link will take you to the latest pictures, the bottom link will take you to the homepage.

https://www.nemvia.org/apps/photos/p...toid=205952494
http://www.NemVia.org

Last edited by NemVia; 10-16-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:41 PM

NOVEMBER UPDATES - 2019

Hey everyone! Well, still no word on when I'll receive my missing issues which are now Issues 75, 76 and 77. I really don't know what Eaglemoss will be sending me until I get my next automated order. They did send me Issue 74 which is the issue that has the hinge panel for the passenger side gull wing door, so I was able to get that into place, and I also received Issues 79, 80 and 81. 79 & 80 are the passenger side rear panel and trim assemblies, which are very easy to assemble. Issue 80 also has similar parts to Issue 78 which are the trim pieces for the rear panels as well as the mounting brackets for some of the lighting effects. Issue 81 has a part called the "engine surround" which will eventually be filled up with wiring and more greeblies. I have 17 new pics added to the 1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean page which includes the pics and parts for Issue 74 which is now in sequential order. Now, depending on when my next shipment will get here will determine if there will be an update for December. My busy season begins next month so I might not have too much time or energy to get anything done. If not, there will be a big update on January of 2020. Who knows. Well, that's it for this update. Keep checking the website and we'll see you next update!
Mark
https://www.nemvia.org/apps/photos/photo...=205996566
Old 11-23-2019, 03:02 PM
A Poor Widow's Son

137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold

After some time away, I decided to pick this project up again and I just discovered I had the same thing happen - missing issues 75, 76 and 77. Sent an email, but I suspect I'll get their pre-canned "it's currently out of stock and we will send it as soon as it comes in" auto-bot message. This happens all the time with their official starships subscription series, but the first time with this, where it's actually kind of crucial to get things in order.

Anyone heard from them about this or gotten these 3 missing issues since first reported? I'd hate for this project to languish now because of the interruption.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:10 AM

Yeh, I sent them an e-mail 2 days ago. I just received their, "sorry to inconvenience you" message. I didn't realize that there were more individuals having this same problem. What irks me is that I'm already 80 issues into this build and now, knowing that I've been subscribed for over a year now, they're saying: "Ooops, by the way we aren't keeping up with the demand.... sorry
I just received the 82 - 85 issues yesterday. But I think that from this point on, every time I see the billing statement for the next shipment, and it doesn't include 75 - 77 I'm going to keep bugging them about those issues and I want them to know that this is so out of line especially because of the expense of this model and how I have to halt some of the progress because of their errors. Not Cool.
Thanks for your comments and support,
Mark
Old 11-25-2019, 08:30 AM
A Poor Widow's Son

Just got the response back to my question and it's as we feared, they're still out of stock.
Quote:
Thank you for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately, this is currently out of stock and was bypassed in your shipments until more inventory is received. Any item bypassed due to out of stock will be sent as part of your shipment once they return in stock and you will not be charged for them until they are sent.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
This is not like the ship subscriptions. If things come out of order it's not as much a big deal (although annoying as hell). By this point, you'd think they know exactly how many people are subscribers and know how much product they need to have on hand on a monthly basis. I really don't get it. I guess this one's on hold for a while now.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:49 PM

I've been waiting for me 3 issues for over 3 months now. I've been able to assemble the engine surround and install it into the framework, but when I finally do get the missing issues, I'll have to pull that part off again just to install the rear quarter panel. However, the test fit looks nice. I'm just going to keep on bugging them every month.
Mark
Old 11-26-2019, 06:50 PM
A Poor Widow's Son

Just got an email saying issues 86 through 89 are on their way. This is going to get to be quite a large backlog. --Sigh--
Old 12-14-2019, 02:28 PM

I just received 88 - 91, and no word yet on the missing issues. It is now over three months! You'd think by now they'd have the parts re-stocked. I really think they ought to give us those issues for free as compensation for the wait. (wishful thinking) BTW Are we the only two who didn't get these elusive issues? I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem. At least not yet. By Issue 91 I'm supposed to be securing the body to the chassis, but the driver's side rear fender panel is not in place as well as the two front fender panels which are obviously the missing issues with those pieces. The left front one is not even secured to the frame as of yet, because there are no screws that came with that issue, which is kinda weird because that's one of the first car body parts you get early on in the subscription. I'm going to keep writing to them just to bug them. What a pain. Let me know if you ever get your missing issues. I'll do the same.
Mark

Last edited by NemVia; 12-14-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:30 PM
A Poor Widow's Son

Will do. Haven’t seen them yet. No emails outside of the usual pre-canned “out of stock” nonsense, sadly.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:12 PM

JANUARY UPDATES - 2020
Well, it's now 2020 and so far, this year has not started off well in the DeLorean build department. I received Issues 88 through 91 in December, but found out that there were two things that needed to be taken care of before I could move forward on the build. 1) and most importantly, I discovered that while trying to add the assembly Issue 91 to the engine which, by the way is the engine air filter assembly, I found that I had put the left and right air intakes, on the manifolds, facing the wrong direction. A major OOOPS! I decided to put off working on this project until after my peak season at work, otherwise I was going to hurl the car at the basement wall and be done with it. This was a bit frustrating, too because I still have not received Issues 75, 76, and 77, and it's now going on four months, with a new complaint letter sent in every month I don't get these Issues. And in order to move forward on the build, I need the parts from those Issues. Issue 74 is still in it's parts bag because I have nowhere to put these pieces. Anyway, when things calmed down at work I decided to fix the manifold problem. This gave me something to do while waiting for the next Issues. I had to reverse engineer how to get the manifolds off and turned around to the correct position. I did have to remove the engine to get to the manifold, but I finally got it into it's proper position, and now the air filter and other system pipes fit very nicely. But that's not all... You're not gonna believe this one.... I get my usual notice that my Issues would be mailed out, but I didn't pay attention to which ones I would get until they were delivered. so now, I'm not only missing 75, 76 and 77, but now I didn't get 86, 87 and 92 and 93. What I received are Issues 94 - 97 but I don't have the other Issues to assemble these parts together. (I guess you could say I have Issues with my Issues) So I'm not going to even open the parts bags for these until I get the other parts. Man! what a disappointment. And still no word from Eaglemoss on this problem But!!!! I still have posted some interesting pics of what I was able to get done despite not having what I need. I've assembled what I could starting from Issues 82 - 85, then 88 - 91. Some of the interior parts were added, such as the seatbelt harness pieces and of course the air filter assembly. The engine cover is made from metal and the detailing on the grates is quite awesome. But this is about all I was able to do for the last two months. So there are 49 new pics in the 1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean page. I hope you can at least enjoy those. That's all for now, keep checking my site to see if those missing Issues will ever get here!
Take care, Mark
https://www.nemvia.org/apps/photos/p...toid=206058226
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_8479.JPG (330.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 100_8475.JPG (370.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-09-2020, 09:45 PM
A Poor Widow's Son

The missing issues are available on eBay, but shipping on those things is stupid high, as they’re all coming out of the UK. I figure if we don’t see these things appear by summertime, I’m going to bite the bullet and get them separately. Unfortunately, the Eaglemoss shop doesn’t seem to have the car parts. Only ships and figurines.

Last edited by 137th Gebirg; 01-09-2020 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
The missing issues are available on eBay, but shipping on those things is stupid high, as theyíre all coming out of the UK. I figure if we donít see these things appear by summertime, Iím going to bite the bullet and get them separately. Unfortunately, the Eaglemoss shop doesnít seem to have the car parts. Only ships and figurines.
Well, if you're able to get them, that would be great. I don't think I'm going to go that route, though. I've already poured a ton of $$$ into this. I'm just going to wait it out. But if I wind up getting the last issues before the ones I need now... well.... It ain't gonna be cool.
Let me know what you come up with.
Mark.