Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > Costumes and Props

Costumes and Props Costumes, Prosthetics, Props, and Makeup

Old 01-11-2008, 03:04 PM

ave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud of

and of course.. if you paint it yourself.. and you end up with something as amazing as that.. well that's just "priceless"....

Dude! your dog looks like Chewie! hahaha..
Old 01-11-2008, 04:48 PM

superjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagis View Post
If you dont mind my askin how much does the helmet go for?
Well, this is a newly created fan-made helmet by a fella called 'FettPride' over on TDH. You could try to contact him over there for price info. But I will say it's nowhere near the price of the MR helmet.

It's a beautiful kit. Gelcoated fiberglass, with a very thin but sturdy construction. The "ear" parts and rangefinder parts were also included, made from good quality resin, and some of the cleanest, smoothest casts I've ever seen. The rangefinder top was cast in 3 parts: a resin shell, clear insert, and black trim piece. It made painting and assembly a snap.
The helmet itself did not have a single mold seam anywhere! It came 90% prepped as well, only needing to have the T-visor in front and 'keyslots' on the back trimmed out before it was ready for paint.

I use a reverse-tracing method for placing the different colors on the helmet, basically sizing ref pics on my computer to the size of the helmet, and this thing was pretty much dead on for the size/proportions. There were only a couple areas that were off by a couple of millimeters, and that may only have been due to my translating a 2-dimensional image onto a 3-dimensional helmet.

I've built and painted several Fett helmets for folks over on TDH, and this thing is far and away the nicest helmet kit I've ever done! If you're interested, I'd recommend contacting FettPride on The Dented Helmet and check the availability.

Ave4. . . I know she looks like Chewie! Sometimes I call her my little Wookiee face. Unfortunately, we had already used that name for our last dog, an Old English Sheepdog who got hit by a car. So my wife didn't want to recycle the name.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:28 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Should get Fettpride into our midst here!

B
Old 01-28-2008, 12:08 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

That is fantastic superjedi, love it.