Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 06-29-2016, 04:51 PM

Vidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really nice
Default New TOS Enterprise restoration

I absolutely love the work done to the Gray Ghost. B-E-A-utiful!

I noticed something though. They restored the upper surface of the saucer. They were NOT allowed to do that on the last restoration because the paint was the last of the original finish from the 60's. That's not what's bothering me. They managed to recreate the streaked weathering on the upper surface wonderfully. The bad thing is.... They didn't recreate the beloved "Rust Ring".

Tracy
Old 06-30-2016, 06:34 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: New TOS Enterprise restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar710 View Post
I absolutely love the work done to the Gray Ghost. B-E-A-utiful!

I noticed something though. They restored the upper surface of the saucer. They were NOT allowed to do that on the last restoration because the paint was the last of the original finish from the 60's. That's not what's bothering me. They managed to recreate the streaked weathering on the upper surface wonderfully. The bad thing is.... They didn't recreate the beloved "Rust Ring".

Tracy
According to what I read, they did NOT restore the upper saucer, only cleaned it. The original paint is still there.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:52 PM

Vidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really nice
Default Re: New TOS Enterprise restoration

Yeah, I got that word shortly after posting. They did so nice a job, the upper saucer has a sheen that matches the rest of the paint.

I'd like to see a good shot looking down on the saucer.

Tracy