Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Action Figures and Accessories

Action Figures and Accessories Any action figure related WIPs go here. 1/6, Mego, Playmates, Kenner....anything like those are welcome. Maybe you're doing some bashing or restoration. This is the place to show them off.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:11 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Question 1:6 Scale Sentinel Command Chair

I recently began a side project to the Sentinel Light Cruiser I am building and that is a 1/6 scale command chair. Using a pdf of full-scale plans supplied by The Cat, I re-sized them and along with an additional 1/10 scale set of plans I found online, I started this scratch build. I also redesigned parts of the chair as it's specific to my late TOS era starship.

Paper plans were printed and cut into their individual pieces:

The cradle and arms were assembled mostly from .060 stock styrene:

The seat portion (not included with the full-size plans, only the 1/10 version had this) is shown here in paper for position only:

The back of the chair was modified with this back support piece. I plan to alter this again to continue the extension to the outer edges of the chair back. The inner seat arms were cut from sheet .125, doubled and glued together to attain the proper width. The hole in the seat bottom is an access panel to the cradle for the wiring of lights to the arms.

The bottom seat cushion was made from .060 styrene covered in real black leather. The two rear cushions have an additional 1/4" medium density foam rubber pad cut to shape between the back board and wrapped leather cover. The leather was superglued to the back of these styrene back boards, curved to shape, much like upholstering a real chair.

I am not sure if I will cover the inner arms of the seat with leather or just paint the rest of the seat base a semi-gloss black. The arms rests will be painted using the Alclad Black Chrome method.

Next is creating the miniature control panels for each arm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sentinel-Conn.jpg (80.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 03-24-2016 at 06:04 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:45 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:6 Scale Sentinel Command Chair

The back support was revised, extending the piece to the chair's outer edges and then beveled. The arm rests were also cut and carved to shape. Sentinel Head Nurse Dixie is seen here modeling the construction phase. (She's also 'borrowed' a uniform from the skipper's cabin)