Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 06-08-2016, 12:35 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/350 R2 Refit Enterprise > Reliant conversion kit

Hey Don, any word on decals?
Old 06-08-2016, 01:02 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Ditto....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 06-08-2016, 06:03 PM
Large Member

DonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of light

Sent Jeffrey a message yesterday...he replied that he plans to do test prints of the decals this weekend. Last month, he was doing test-fitting of the decals on the sample kit I sent him. Hopefully, that process is finished...since he's doing test printings I'm guessing he's in the home stretch. I'm ready to give him a somewhat sizable order!

Or visit my CG gallery: www.eclectric-fx.com
Old 06-20-2016, 09:14 AM

Kremin will become famous soon enoughKremin will become famous soon enough

I would guess given Jeff's latest update on Facebook things might take a bit time (understandably)

Last edited by Kremin; 06-20-2016 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:40 AM
Large Member

DonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of light

Just read that this morning...very sad, indeed.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:22 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Talked to Jeff about all this last week. He's REALLY shook up.

I gotta tell ya---- I think he's gonna be down longer than he thinks.

I was pretty heartbroken over the whole thing. Kip's is a really great guy once we got to know him. But to Jeff, he WAS his brother---- at Wonderfest, if you saw one of those fellas, the other was only a step away.

Man I hate this sort of thing.....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 06-30-2016, 12:19 AM

Manu2401 New face in the crowd

Can you tell what happened? Sounds serious.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:19 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu2401 View Post
Can you tell what happened? Sounds serious.
Seconded. (I'm a bit ignorant of Facebook...)

Edit:
I searched, I read about Kip's cancer and passing. Very sorry to hear....

Last edited by SCI-FI; 06-30-2016 at 05:24 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Large Member

Jeffrey's close friend and business partner died of cancer. Cancer is never a good way to go but it's tougher to take when the victim is relatively young....I believe Kip was in his early fifties.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:12 AM

Oh my. My condolences to anybody who knew him and suffers from the loss.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:05 AM
Large Member

These parts are 3D prints from i.materialise for my 1/350 U.S.S. Reliant conversion kit. Wanted to post them to show the quality of pieces you get from this company. All parts I've previously had printed were done on Objet machines in VeroWhite material. Those parts were pretty damn good, done in high resolution, with an average of maybe an hour's worth of cleanup spent on each part. These were done in i.materialise's Prime Gray material and are the best 3D printed parts I've ever gotten, mainly because of the minimal cleanup time. These are nearly finished with just a few minute's work per part. Not knocking the parts I've previously received as the accuracy was terrific...but these are just as accurate and they cleaned up more quickly.

The top 2 parts are pieces already included in the kit...I need to make new molds for them. The bottom parts are for an add-on package I'm doing...these pieces will be cast in translucent resin to make it easy to light the inset light fixtures around the shuttle bays as well as the grillwork at the outer edge. The idea is to splice these pieces into the existing rear hull (you can splice in the whole parts or just cut them down to smaller bits and do what you want), paint over the areas you don't want lit, and add lights to the rear of the parts to shine through the translucent, unpainted area. Note the bays doors are open...I'm also working on a shuttle bays based on the Federation Frontiers blueprints.

http://www.donshoko.com/reliant/IMG_0164.jpg

Last edited by DonS; 10-10-2016 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:34 AM

Hi Don,

are there any news on Jeff or the decals?
Old 11-30-2016, 04:55 PM
Large Member

Jeff is delivering decals and they're going out to prior buyers of the kit...the process isn't going as quickly as I'd hoped, but it's getting done.