Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 03-19-2018, 07:06 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sentinel N-Type Shuttlecraft 1:24 scale

That's coming together real nice.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 03-24-2018, 07:24 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Beautimously fantastical! Love it.

MOARPLZ!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 03-28-2018, 06:20 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone!

Minor update: Both pylon/wings have been fully skinned in .060 and .040 and the blending into the hull has been underway. The intercoolers were also constructed from sandwiched .030 and .040. These will be painted and attached separately. The overhead cabin lighting harness was completed and installed as the roof skinning has begun.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:26 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

I love the exterior (pylon) work-- truly elegant finish work there.
How hard is it to get the taper of the nacelle to line up with the end of the pylon?

The interior shots remind me of my first time being on a plane as a wee lad.

Best-
-SF
Old 03-28-2018, 08:32 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
I love the exterior (pylon) work-- truly elegant finish work there.
How hard is it to get the taper of the nacelle to line up with the end of the pylon?

The interior shots remind me of my first time being on a plane as a wee lad.

Best-
-SF
Thank you. The taper will require a long triangular wedge be cut of styrene and inserted into the gap. Not a problem at all. I won't do that until the outer nacelle half is permanently affixed. I may also bevel this connection rather than a square fit.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:47 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

It looks like you could walk up in there and take a seat!

Old 04-02-2018, 06:35 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
It looks like you could walk up in there and take a seat!
You are most welcome to have your pick. There are no window seats, unfortunately.

Weekend update: Impulse pods have begun to take shape. The impulse baffle plate was designed in SketchUp 3D and sent over to Shapeways for printing. The same was done to the aft nacelle cap end nozzles. I couldn't find what I wanted so as an experiment, I went ahead and just did it on my own with this trial run at Shapeways.

Here is the brass hinge design for the aft ramp. The hole in the center allows power to feed the sequencing board which will edge the bottom lip of the ramp with chase lights. Twin red LED strobes were also installed on the bottom of the stern plate.

The nozzles are printed as a mirror pair, counter-vortex to each other.

The impulse plate measures about 5" across with inset cutouts for backlighting.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:40 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Seriously sharp sah!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 04-02-2018, 06:49 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
Seriously sharp sah!
Thank you Ian! If it's worth overdoing, it's worth over-overdoing.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 04-02-2018 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:50 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
You are most welcome to have your pick. There are no window seats, unfortunately.
None needed! The cabin has all the amenities, including vid-displays in the seatbacks.
(The in-flight movie? Ironically, it's Star Wars...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Weekend update: Impulse pods have begun to take shape. The impulse baffle plate was designed in SketchUp 3D and sent over to Shapeways for printing. The same was done to the aft nacelle cap end nozzles. I couldn't find what I wanted so as an experiment, I went ahead and just did it on my own with this trial run at Shapeways.

Here is the brass hinge design for the aft ramp. The hole in the center allows power to feed the sequencing board which will edge the bottom lip of the ramp with chase lights. Twin red LED strobes were also installed on the bottom of the stern plate.
[...]
The nozzles are printed as a mirror pair, counter-vortex to each other.
[...]
The impulse plate measures about 5" across with inset cutouts for backlighting.
[...]
Can't wait to see these, especially the impulse plate...

Best-
-SF
Old 04-03-2018, 09:59 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

I'll take any seat. I ain't picky!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 04-05-2018, 01:33 PM
All ahead full

Shapeways packages arrived this week, so I did a quick test fitting of the engines nozzles as well as the impulse plate.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:16 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

My hero! Looking good Admiral.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:48 AM
All ahead full

The aft interior and hinged ramp assembly has been realized. The interior was primed, painted and lightly weathered with oils. The ramp was pre-visualized in 3D before plastic was cut. The double hinge uses plastic as well as brass tubing. 10 rectangular LEDs in orange and blue create a chase pattern along the edge of the main ramp.

An Alclad cobalt candy blue is being tested on the nacelle shrouds.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:44 AM

That rear end is looking fantastic!