Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 04-30-2018, 09:58 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all
Default Re: Sentinel N-Type Shuttlecraft 1:24 scale

I love that even the rear interior looks like 2001 set dressing.

Please tell me this magnum opus will have some figures displayed with it?

Edit: *reads back, finds reference*. Ah, apparently yes. I'll be still now.

Last edited by SCI-FI; 04-30-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:47 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
That rear end is looking fantastic!
Thanks Mr Tiberious! I'm happy with how it's turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
I love that even the rear interior looks like 2001 set dressing.

Please tell me this magnum opus will have some figures displayed with it?

Edit: *reads back, finds reference*. Ah, apparently yes. I'll be still now.
I was hoping that my figure benefactor might have been working on one for me but I think it's been forgotten. :/ For now, paper cutouts will have to do.

The ramp was weathered, painted and decaled to ready it for installation.

Starboard profile with enclosed SB impulse pod. Nacelle end caps are in final cobalt blue and jet exhaust.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 05-01-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:41 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Side hatch construction is underway. Both the upper and lower halves are removable (closed and open) with embedded magnets. The lower half was later revised with beveled sides and an extending last step (last pic). The upper one still requires a bit more fitting to accommodate the closed position with the lower half.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Those hatches look like some pretty impressive 4-Dimensional chess work, to design them for static open, static closed, and (fictional) closing function.
Well done!
Old 05-11-2018, 06:24 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

I wonder if you could make your crew members on Shapeways?

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 05-11-2018, 06:28 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
I wonder if you could make your crew members on Shapeways?
Sure! You can print anything on Shapeways. That's the easy part. Kinda. First, however, I'd have to 3D model a figure in uniform. Engines nozzles and impulse grills are one thing, I'd have to practice with manipulating a human figure and cloth in 3D. Time I don't have at the moment.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:15 AM
All ahead full

Windshield frames made. Some parts painted. The usual.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:09 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

I have to be honest and say that until now, I hadn't taken much notice of this because it's Star Trek and ST is not my thing but now that I have, I have to say - this is just incredible!!! I've read through all pages and I am speechless. Your scratch building skills are amazing!
really looking forward to the next installment
Old 05-16-2018, 06:22 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
I have to be honest and say that until now, I hadn't taken much notice of this because it's Star Trek and ST is not my thing but now that I have, I have to say - this is just incredible!!! I've read through all pages and I am speechless. Your scratch building skills are amazing!
really looking forward to the next installment
Thank you! I am humbled you took the time to look.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:32 AM
the Vinyl Frontier

Aztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond repute

ah man, just take the trophys now.
Can't wait to see this in person
Old 05-17-2018, 05:51 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztek Dummy View Post
ah man, just take the trophys now.
Can't wait to see this in person
Hah! Thank you! Iíll be using your masks in the next week. Hell, I canít wait to meet you in person at WF. Finally!
Old 05-17-2018, 05:05 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Hell, I canít wait to meet you in person at WF. Finally!
You've never met Lou?
Old 05-17-2018, 08:59 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Fantastic sir, fantastic!!!
Old 05-19-2018, 05:32 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
...Time I don't have at the moment...
I think you're just being lazy...

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 05-19-2018 at 05:32 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:33 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim NCC1701A View Post
You've never met Lou?
Surprisingly, I haven't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
Fantastic sir, fantastic!!!
Much appreciated!

Quote:
I think you're just being lazy...

Not surprisingly, I know!

Construction slowly wraps up with the final installation of the aft impulse and bussard custom boards from Big Easy Modeling Solutions. The module is now enclosed as I head into a two-week marathon of priming and painting.

Interior hatch halves painted and decaled: