Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 06-07-2018, 09:37 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Sentinel N-Type Shuttlecraft 1:24 scale

Outstanding work from start to finish sir, seriously so!
Granted it may appear as though there is little interest but I think I can say that you are wrong going from what is on here and FB at least.

Now speaking VERY seriously...

You are worthy of those awards for bloody certain Bill, for that build they are deserved and don't you fuckin' dare go thinking otherwise.
I think it true that, to paraphrase the bard:

"there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility"

but please, there comes a time to give yourself credit where it is so obviously and blindingly due.

That time is about now by the way.

Not another word on 'not worthy of them'
End of.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 06-07-2018, 12:22 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

You are most kind Ian. Apologies and respect to you.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:16 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Just saying it as I see it my friend and no apologies required from you good sir!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 06-07-2018, 01:18 PM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

Mr. Buck Sir... I know you and i have had a few tiny discussions, but two things remain clear:

1) if i had 1/10th of your ability, i would be a happy man.
2) if you were to "give up" and stop posting your build threads, the world would be a lesser place.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:02 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Here here!

Your builds Admiral are dreams I salivate over!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 06-07-2018, 07:38 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Here here!

Your builds Admiral are dreams I salivate over!
I agree one hundred percent.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:19 PM
Loose canon with a loose screw

MHaz1701 will become famous soon enoughMHaz1701 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
UGH Models is keenly interested in producing a resin 1/72 version soon. Complete with a displayable interior, the model should be about 7.3" in length.
I would jump all over a 1/72 kit of this, like a fat kid at an all you can eat buffet...
Old 06-08-2018, 06:19 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

UGH had better be all over you!

Old 06-08-2018, 09:17 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
UGH had better be all over you!
Stuff is coming. Repulse is due out very soon, followed by Hood and then Javelin.
Old 06-08-2018, 04:28 PM

SWEETT!!!

Old 06-09-2018, 05:09 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Excellent work, and the awards well deserved!!
Old 06-09-2018, 06:38 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

Sugar Honey Ice Tea those studio shots are amazing! I am in love with the shape of this ship and those rear engines are insane!!!

Don't sell yourself so short mate - you have some serious skills and I'd be a happy man if I could do that in such a fashion
As for the sense of disinterest, I think most of us have gone or will go through that feeling. I know I have but it's good to take a break
Thanks so much for the awesome build and congratulations on your well deserved awards
Old 06-11-2018, 07:05 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
SWEETT!!!
Even without sugar! Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srspicer View Post
Excellent work, and the awards well deserved!!
Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
Sugar Honey Ice Tea those studio shots are amazing! I am in love with the shape of this ship and those rear engines are insane!!!

Don't sell yourself so short mate - you have some serious skills and I'd be a happy man if I could do that in such a fashion
As for the sense of disinterest, I think most of us have gone or will go through that feeling. I know I have but it's good to take a break
Thanks so much for the awesome build and congratulations on your well deserved awards
I am humbled you find it so and thank you for taking the time.

A few other studio shots against white:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 06-11-2018 at 07:38 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:45 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Just gorgeous!

A question about that flawless paint job:
Did the order go like this:
-surface primer
-grey (top color) coat
-gloss coat
-graphics (framed by vinyl stencils)
-flat coat
...all applied by airbrush?

I'm wrestling with this in several projects at the moment...

Best-
-SF
Old 06-11-2018, 09:19 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Just gorgeous!

A question about that flawless paint job:
Did the order go like this:
-surface primer
-grey (top color) coat
-gloss coat
-graphics (framed by vinyl stencils)
-flat coat
...all applied by airbrush?

I'm wrestling with this in several projects at the moment...

Best-
-SF
Yep. That's pretty much it. I did hit several areas with a spot of Mr Surfacer Black for a little light blocking but for the most part, Tamiya Gray primer was sprayed from the can before airbrushing the hull gray scheme. The primer coat was also sanded down prior to the airbrushing with 1500, 1800 and 2400. In between layers of paint and clear, a 3200 and 4000 polishing cloth kept it smooth.