Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 09-15-2016, 09:36 PM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sentinel TOS Shuttlecraft 1:80 scale

simply being pedantic...

its my OCD running away, on a slow day at the office. so please take all this with a grain of salt.

i do understand that all these names tie in with 2001 (including sentinel) i am taking it a step further and tie-ing in how it is tie-ing in.

based on all you posted in #13 & #15, then, it makes sense for the third N-type to be a real person's name (like Kubrick and Clarke) and not a character's name (like Poole and Bowman and Chandra)... so when i saw "Floyd", my brain went "one of these things doesn't belong with the others", it shouldn't be "Floyd", it should be something like "Dullea" or "Lockwood"... or even more arcane, like the actor who played Floyd, William "Sylvester".

sorry for the interruption.

continue with another of your amazing builds

Last edited by tsenecal; 09-15-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:47 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sentinel TOS Shuttlecraft 1:80 scale

No problem! I understood what you were saying but as these are meant to be subtle nods there was no strict rules applied to the craft nicknaming convention. Captain's discretion. If we were to get serious about this, we'd have to number them in order by actor's weight and height too.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:03 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sentinel N-Type Shuttlecraft 1:24 scale

The N-Type shuttlecraft is back on the workbench as the main project for WF18. Plans were rescaled to reutilize the 1/350 Sentinel PB-58 nacelles as the basis for the shuttle drives. Blap had an extra two pairs of outboard halves which were purchased as the craft does not have the inboard recessed grills.

The scale prints out to roughly 1/22 but we'll call it 1/24 so I can use existing figures for crew.

Expecting brass and styrene work to commence this coming month. The scratch build will also feature a lighted interior and a hangar deck diorama base.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:20 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
The N-Type shuttlecraft is back on the workbench as the main project for WF18. Plans were rescaled to reutilize the 1/350 Sentinel PB-58 nacelles as the basis for the shuttle drives. [...]
YES! Sentinel engines return!

Quote:
The scale prints out to roughly 1/22 but we'll call it 1/24 so I can use existing figures for crew. [...]
YES! Consistent scale!

Quote:
Expecting brass and styrene work to commence this coming month. The scratch build will also feature a lighted interior and a hangar deck diorama base.
YES! Lighting and diorama!

It's like Christmas came for Halloween. Can't wait for pics.

-SF
Old 11-01-2017, 05:55 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
[...]
[/URL] [...]
Also: nice pickup behind the lieutenant. Details? Part of the diorama? Barn-find that she's restoring in her off hours?

-SF
Old 11-01-2017, 06:27 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Also: nice pickup behind the lieutenant. Details? Part of the diorama? Barn-find that she's restoring in her off hours?

-SF
Not quite a barn-find. The Ford is simply there for scale reference. The details on the hangar bay aren't firm yet but it should involve the deck and one side wall. Also, there are a number of registry options available for the craft as they are used on a variety of Sentinel, Hood, Repulse-class or upcoming Tycho Yard projects.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:39 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Bama-lam! Lookin' great! And as a kit, too?!? Bonus kewelness!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 11-01-2017, 12:19 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffworks View Post
Bama-lam! Lookin' great! And as a kit, too?!? Bonus kewelness!
I'm not sure this will be a kit in this scale. Ugh Models has hinted that they'd like to produce one but I'm unsure what plans they have. I think they will be including a 1/1000 version with their Sentinel kits however it'll be about 0.4" long without much detail. This is an image from their 3D:

Old 11-01-2017, 06:21 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm not sure this will be a kit in this scale. Ugh Models has hinted that they'd like to produce one but I'm unsure what plans they have. I think they will be including a 1/1000 version with their Sentinel kits however it'll be about 0.4" long without much detail. This is an image from their 3D:

Okay, what jumped out at me has been bolded, underlined and italicized...

When, dear Admiral, when!?!?!?!?!?!?

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 11-01-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

The Admiral returns! Already excited, lol.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:45 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

And the Aqua-shuttle too!
Old 11-02-2017, 06:41 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post

I don't have a specific date yet. The printed master was just done yesterday so it's a matter of mold making and the rest of what goes into making a kit ready for sale. In the meantime, you can check their website but I'll make a note here for anyone who is interested once they are available.

https://www.fpkclub.com/ugh-models/

The 1/1000 Sentinel is roughly 9" long and will come with a decal sheet with four registry options: Sentinel, Vanguard, Swift and Electra.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Loose canon with a loose screw

MHaz1701 will become famous soon enoughMHaz1701 will become famous soon enough

Sigh
There goes my decal printing budget for next year...
Old 11-02-2017, 05:39 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't have a specific date yet. The printed master was just done yesterday so it's a matter of mold making and the rest of what goes into making a kit ready for sale. In the meantime, you can check their website but I'll make a note here for anyone who is interested once they are available.

https://www.fpkclub.com/ugh-models/

The 1/1000 Sentinel is roughly 9" long and will come with a decal sheet with four registry options: Sentinel, Vanguard, Swift and Electra.

Awesome news! And the 1/1000 Sentinel looks great.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 11-02-2017, 09:24 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post

It was all covered on FaceBook, Brother. If you popped in once in a while....

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!